What's new

Month old Harley meets pavement...Harley miraculously wins!!!

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
So I was rear ended at a stop light leaving the base the other day.

My wife had a medical emergency while driving around town and called me to say she was calling 911. I hopped on the bike, knowing only where she was at the time...not what hospital she would be taken to. Anyway, as I reach the outbound gate for the base, I hit a stop light. Just then, my phone goes off so I pull up next to the curb and hit my flashers to take the call and find out where she is going. During the call, the light turns green so I turn around to tell the guy behind me to go around and SLAM!!! He saw the light turn and just went without bothering to notice that I hadn't moved yet. I go flying...bike hits the pavement...

Get this, the guy is a military cop...and he also rides a motorcycle. Of all the people you would THINK would pay attention to bikes, it should be this guy.

So I pick the bike up and start to look her over. AMAZINGLY, the right rear taillight is the only thing BROKEN...stripped the threads out of the housing. Slight rash on the ball of the brake lever...some slight rash on the right mirror stem...slightly bent rear brake pedal (which bent back quite easily). That's it...The bags kept the bike high enough to not scrape the exhaust/engine with no real damage to the bag either.

Long story short...I escaped with a bruise on the leg and a slightly sore shoulder, bike escaped with very minimal damage, and my wife ended up ok after a short stay in the hospital.

FuenteSmoker

Il n'y a pas de fumée san
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Lol....no follow through about the wife being ok, just the Harley..........something I would definitely do in a story!!!:tiphat:

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Yeah hope the wife's good I'm assuming she is given the thread title lol. Hate that from the cagers tho. Happens all too often . They don't understand why I feel safer at 100+ than I do at 65 with traffic or standing still

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Lol....no follow through about the wife being ok, just the Harley..........something I would definitely do in a story!!!:tiphat:
lol... I mentioned the wife being ok in the last sentence.

I was really more worried about being able to get to her than the bike being damaged when it first happened...turns out it was a win-win since both were ok.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2