What's new

More cigars blended by Don Pepin

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I stumbled across these today while looking for something else.
http://www.mrbundles.com/index.php/cPath/8_205

Apparently these are blended by Don Pepin for the EO company (who also had the Reo brand) and here's a review for them from Top 25 Cigar

http://www.top25cigar.com/a_apps/anm/anmviewer.asp?a=492&z=13

"Introduced at the 2006 RTDA in Las Vegas, the The Serie 601 from EO Brands is handmade in Pepin Garcia’s new Nicaraguan factory. Available in two wrappers, a dark Nicaraguan Habano with a Red band, and a rich looking smooth Ecuadorian Connecticut with a black band, we review the Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapped Robusto in this review.

Jump on the Pepin Garcia bandwagon, and you’re sure to have a hit on your hands. At least that seems to be the thought process this year in the world of cigars. The rich wrapper on the Robusto had a beautiful sheen to it. Handling this cigar, you quickly get anxious to put a lighter to it.

You expect nothing but quality from a “Pepin” rolled cigar, and that’s pretty much the story here. Perfect draw and solid construction were the norm. If we were to nitpick, the cap seemed weak on our cigars, and exploded when we cut them. We don’t pay much attention to that as we rarely pick the cap up off the floor and throw a flame on it. A dirty grey ash stays with your cigar until you force it to leave, another sigh Pepin Garcia was involved.

Deemed the weaker of the two Mike Tyson like cigars, the black labeled Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper cigar was spicy and rich, but not exactly strong. We would categorize this cigar as between medium and strong, but definitely delicious. A consistent flavor rewards you as you work your way through the cigar. Age perhaps, as these were young smokes was responsible for the dominant spice flavor throughout.

This is a good smoke. If you’re looking for a cigar that will leave you with some spice on the palate without destroying it for the next 24 hours, this will work. The body, bouquet, and overall experience are destined for the memory bank. We can’t wait to revisit this cigar with another 6 months on it."

I'll probably wait until a few bills get paid and pick up a box from Uncle Mikey next month but wanted to share this with the rest of you Pepin whores.

-Rob

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
He's doing spectacular things...and with his new Nicraguan factory, it seems like he's pumping out a new brand for someone every month!

I honestly haven't tried any of his newer brands; all I've had are the Tatuajes, Padilias, and his own Don Pepin brand cigars. But I'm very curious to try some of these newer ones.

The Pepin-made CI "Legends Yellow" and the Holt's "Old Henry" cigars are next on my list.

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
That review is spot on with the one I tried. I also tried the red label one, a pyramid if I remember correctly, that I didn't like as much. Besides the brown label Tat's and Cabiguans, I think these are my favorites from Pepin.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
He's doing spectacular things...and with his new Nicraguan factory, it seems like he's pumping out a new brand for someone every month!

I honestly haven't tried any of his newer brands; all I've had are the Tatuajes, Padilias, and his own Don Pepin brand cigars. But I'm very curious to try some of these newer ones.

The Pepin-made CI "Legends Yellow" and the Holt's "Old Henry" cigars are next on my list.
Pepin makes the Old Henry? They are on sale right now.
I know Blackcat has a house cigar he makes for them.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Pepin makes the Old Henry? They are on sale right now.
I know Blackcat has a house cigar he makes for them.
Yep, Pepin makes the Old Henry for Holts--just check their website and you'll see.

And if you do a box split on Old Henry, I'd like to get in on a fiver. :skew: