What's new

more old information

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
i've been enjoying some older ca issues lately. the one i was looking through recently came from aug of 01. that doesn't seem that old to someone my age, but i suppose it could considered old by some! there is a ton of reading that is actually interesting in the old mag. not like today.
a couple of the more interesting things i read were the new digital cameras that had 1 megapixel! if you wanted top of the line, near pro, it was all the way up to 3 mp!!!! woo hoo. another article touted the return to glory of nic tabacco. it stated that the leaf from the 70's was so good it was imported into cuba for wrapper! it also said the rumor was still being reported today (01).
lastly, the ratings.... topping out the figurados was the onyx reservi min beli. it scored a whopping 94 points. one of the best ever! the poor cohiba millenium and the parti piramide could only muster a paltry 89....some things never change!

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Isnt it funny how the older CA's are twice as thick as the newer ones and have 5 times the information of the ones you get today? I think the reviews and such from the 90's and early 00's were less based on how much advertising dollars spent and rather on how good a cigar actually was.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Nice Bob! For all you CC smokers just to let you know that you really have not been smoking CC's it's really been a blend of Nic and Hond. tobacco, lol! I've heard this before and I think PJ has said something to this affect? Wherever they are getting it, it sure does draw a crowd and that means it must be good, lol!

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
That is crazy...the wrapper comment blows my mind. Never would have thought that with their government and such...but I guess a less superior crop is still that in the end. Good find bob! Thanks for sharing!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Good find Bob!

If you have the Sept/Oct 1997 - Michael Richards Issue, check it out and let me know who you find.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Man, that's pretty interesting. Might explan why some CC had draw issues during this time. rushing ccigars to market with imported wrappers.