What's new

Morgan Bones Clenching?

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Hey yall,

Wasn't sure if I should make a new thread, but don't see a dummy question one so posting here...

I'm looking into buying a briar, and was thinking about Morgan Bones; I like the stout shapes, and appreciate the fact that they're budget pipes. I find myself clenching a lot, and was curious about how they clench. I like the poker or Zuludog, but obviously want to avoid a pipe that is uncomfortable to clench.

I've read that pipes need to be "balanced" by the maker, and that bent pipes clench better. Is a shorter pipe easier than a long pipe? I would guess that the thick stems probably help as well? Any insight or feedback is much appreciated!

Sent from the Barbarino Batphone

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
In my opinion shorter pipes do clench better than longer ones (although lightweight long pipes are also nice clenchers). And thinner stems are more comfortable for clenching than the thicker stock prefab stems (unless you have issues with chomping through stems... In that case I'd suggest a thick stem regardless of comfort)

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
IMO the stubby 20 is by far the best pipe you're gonna get for clenching that doesn't kill the wallet. Perfect rest on the chin. This ones had probably 700 plus bowls through it, and 90 percent of them were a mostly constant clench while driving. No burn outs, no teeth marks other than some light scratches, and it smokes awesome. I have 2 others as back ups in case I lose or break this one. That's how awesome I think it is

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
IMO the stubby 20 is by far the best pipe you're gonna get for clenching that doesn't kill the wallet. Perfect rest on the chin. This ones had probably 700 plus bowls through it, and 90 percent of them were a mostly constant clench while driving. No burn outs, no teeth marks other than some light scratches, and it smokes awesome. I have 2 others as back ups in case I lose or break this one. That's how awesome I think it is

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk