What's new

Most reliable butane lighter

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I seem to have the worst luck with those high pressure butane lighters. I don't think it should cost an arm and a leg to get a decent lighter, but at the same time I've spent a small fortune on cigars, I could probably justify $50 or so on a nice lighter.

What is the most reliable (in your experience, reliability is lighting up every single time you click it) butane lighter that you've used? I prefer one flame, large fuel reservoir, and a good amount of space between the lid and the flame. I hate knocking ash all over the place when trying to touch up the burn on larger gauge cigars.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Oops, I guess I misread the thread, my apologies.

I would say that IM Corona, Xikar, and ST. Dupont make the most reliable lighters. Since you said $50 bucks, I would say that the EX line from Xikar would be right up your alley, and with the unconditional lifetime warranty... well you're covered!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not butane and does not fit in the pocket, but it should work every time.

The torch lighter I have I found on the ground outside my work a few years before I started with cigars. It sometimes has problems lighting but it was free and it has a flash light on it.

Pics of it on my album:

http://www.botl.org/community/forums/album.php?albumid=281&pictureid=2500

Good luck
To be honest I have seriously considered a propane torch with one of those self light click buttons.

Oops, I guess I misread the thread, my apologies.

I would say that IM Corona, Xikar, and ST. Dupont make the most reliable lighters. Since you said $50 bucks, I would say that the EX line from Xikar would be right up your alley, and with the unconditional lifetime warranty... well you're covered!
Will look those up!

Last edited:

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I got my Xikar for $30 and haven't had a problem with the lighter, however the other day I discovered the plastic case had split down the middle so Monday she's going back to the factory...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Spunk brand lighter that I like. The cover retracts, so it is never in the way of lighting a cigar. The flame adjustment is a bit touchy, but once you get it set right, it won't fail to light.

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
OK - I'll toss it out there... Ronson Jetlite.... under 6 bux at walgreens and I have 2 that have never, not ever, given me a problem.

Lots of brothers will tell you that when you're dealing with lighters under 40 or 50 bux, that the most important thing is a great quality fuel... top notch fuel will go a long ways to guarantee good service out of your lighters.

However, if that's too "cheap" for you then the Xikar line mentioned earlier would be a good one to look into and still be entry level IMO.

Show us what you settle on!!

MP.

Doesn't buy Altadis
Rating - 96.2%
37   1   0
I'll second the Ronson Jetlite. You can't beat the price and it's very reliable. I also have a Blazer PB207 that has lit every time I have tried. The colibri that I have is junk.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
+3 on the Ronson. I bought my first one a year ago and it hasn't failed me,,,not once and this coming from a lighter I have run thru the washing machine twice, dropped from 20 feet at least 3 times and always refill without purging. This sucker is amazing in that I went out and bought a dozen more at $3 a piece. My ligher buying days are over and I have some very expensive lighters that I have bought over the years for $100's.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
OK - I'll toss it out there... Ronson Jetlite.... under 6 bux at walgreens and I have 2 that have never, not ever, given me a problem.

Lots of brothers will tell you that when you're dealing with lighters under 40 or 50 bux, that the most important thing is a great quality fuel... top notch fuel will go a long ways to guarantee good service out of your lighters.

However, if that's too "cheap" for you then the Xikar line mentioned earlier would be a good one to look into and still be entry level IMO.

Show us what you settle on!!
+1 for quality Butane. I have a Xikar executive (they go for about $20, nice big button on the side) that stopped working because I was using cheap butane from walgreens. Now Ive got a Xikar EXII Carbon that my GF gifted me and I reaaally like the soft flame. Very nice quality lighter that will only see quality butane.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I recently got a "Madelaine" push-button torch. They are under $20, not sure how many shops have them or if they're online. It's working great so far. It's like a cheap version of the S.T. Dupont one, which I'd love to get someday.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Another vote for the JetLite if you just want an inexpensive lighter that is reliable.

I have a Xikar Element that I love, it's dual-torch but they angle slightly toward each other and come to a point like a single torch, with the lid design this should give you plenty of clearance.

Another great lighter that I just recently acquired is the Xikar EX, I got a Havana Collection free with a box purchase :D, and it has a soft windproof flame - so far this is my favorite lighter.

Web

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I haven't had a good one yet but I can tell you colibri is not the way to go.
I have a Xikar and love it, no problems. I had a colibri and it was awful and my experience and with others I've talked too, you either love them or hate them. Just seems colibri is 50/50 you either get something great and it lasts forever or it's a piece of crap (like the one I had).

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I recently got a "Madelaine" push-button torch. They are under $20, not sure how many shops have them or if they're online. It's working great so far. It's like a cheap version of the S.T. Dupont one, which I'd love to get someday.
Nate,

Maybe you'll get lucky and Xikar will give you a lifetime warranty since they've acquired Madelaine.Inc http://www.madelaine.com/