What's new

Movie and a Gar Review

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
image.jpg

I've always loved the opening sounds to a movie, it makes me feel like a little kid...."Ride with the devil"...sounds like a perfect fit for this "Grimalkin" which has a wonderful look about it and tastes delicious between the teeth. We will see how "Spider-Man" fairs in a western role.. (Staring: Toby Maguire) and Jewel! For some reason the Family Guy episode making fun of Rene Zellweger's "scrunch face" comes to mind.. and I just spotted a young Mark Ruffalo.. Time to fire up this stick.
image.jpg

This Cigar starts out sweet with just a touch of spice, with a dry wine finish that takes the moisture from your throat. I enjoy civil war era period piece films, this one starts out a bit harsher than the cigar as they've already lynched and killed a man setting fire to his home and his boy's on the run. The Grimalkin has an immaculate draw and burns beautifully. The ash is a stark white with black veins like soot. There is something about old time living that draws me in and gives me a feeling like I missed out on something special.

Cream, spice with a delicate mixture of sweetness that fits the profile well. This puppy's burning up with a quickness. I'd put it right about low end of medium on strength and it has a nice richness to the flavors. See back in the day, men would just roll up on a home and say they're hungry and need a place to sleep and the family'd open up their doors and share what little they had.. Not today, no sir.. You roll up on a home with a group of men these days and you'll get the door slammed in your face along with being locked up for trespassing, attempted robbery and gang activity lol. There's a nice oil slickness left behind by the smoke that I've always loved but still a drying of the mouth that contradict each other.

Nothing like an old school gun fight. Smoke in the air, bullets coming through wood planked walls and then they hop on their steeds and make a getaway with the devil on their heals.... But what is with the gaudy red shirts! Lol they look a bit ridiculous. Movies always make simple living in the old days seem majestic with their background music and gorgeous landscapes. It probably plain out sucked...I'm at the half way point of this stick and things are moving along nicely...there's a slight sourness like feta cheese and the spice has picked up. The profile still ends sweet and oily...and dry..lol, try and figure that one out.

Cut to a scene around the campfire with a young lad strumming a tune on a box stringed guitar and a man dancing a cloth puppet on a stick..now that's living... There's a mustiness coming out now, not a bad thing but an added note that makes this profile even more interesting. The burns wanking out and leaving one side in the dust. Dutchy's (Maguire's) father was just shot in the neck and booted around in the middle of town until he died...everyone in early period movies seem to be either murdered, sick or disabled. Enter: Jewel...

The profile of this stick is staying very consistent. It's simple but rich and tasty. No touch ups needed and cool as a morning breeze in the Fall.

The simplest thing as reading a strangers letters makes a mans day out in the thick of it.. I can see that. That awkward moment when one of your bros is getting action from the only woman in the room and your sitting there widdlin' a stick hahahahaha.

The oiliness of the smoke has over powered the drying effect, the nub is worthy of burnt fingertips. The strength never went past medium and the profile was simple yet rich and satisfying. Put them titties away Jewel.. There's gonna be a fight! Cue majestic and powerful music as they ride off. Another house is on fire as a woman cries on bended knees. Suddenly it's night and gun powder and smoke fill the air in a blaze of gunfire.. That escalated quickly. "Hold him, we're gonna burn the wound closed" lol I love hearing that.

The Grimalkin was nub worthy down to a half inch. It smoked for a good 1hr 15mins and never needed relight. It'd pair great with a nice, robust medium roast cup of coffee (cream and sugar it if that's your thing) I give this smoke a one off score of 90.

Damn, the arms gotta go... "Here's a stick, bite down while I saw of your arm with this dull blade" things were brutal back in the day.. Aaaaaand he doesn't even make it. Welp, I'll give ya the quick and skinny of the rest.. there's more pillaging, gun fights, bad blood, a baby, Jewel breastfeeding, Marriage, friends, goodbyes and new journeys to be set upon.

"Ride With the Devil" is a good period piece that gives insight into what it might have been like in the life of Bushwhackers during the civil war fighting Jayhawkers for their cause. It's a story that makes you feel and draws you into the hard times of neighbor against neighbor in guerrilla war. I'll give it a 7.9/10. Worth a watch, they did right by it.