What's new

Moving Plug????

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Well I successfully broke myself from frequenting one particular auction site, only to dive into Cbid….. :hanghead:

So, I win a few auctions and the first of a couple of invoices was delivered yesterday… :skew: The Hoyo de Monterey Sumatras looked so good, :starrylov I decided to smoke one on the way home last night.. damned if the thing wasn’t plugged! :sadstare: I worked at it for a while and about halfway I started to get light headed from huffing and it went out the window. :bigeyes:

So, I’m sitting in my “smoking room” (basement with a window fan) and I can’t wait to try an Ancient Warrior…So I torch one up…. Damn! Plugged!! :angerhead Now these things are pretty long, so I work and work. I run a very fine bamboo skewer and unplug it. It plugs again! :angerhead Now, it’s a mission to find the plug and eliminate the SOB! So I cut off the offending cherry. Draw. No problem. Light. PLUG! :argh:

So, is it possible that since I didn’t allow the sticks to equalize in my humi for a few days, that they were too moist and the heat from the cherry was expanding the tobacco? I’ve never run into this before. I hope that all of my Sumatra, Ancient Warriors and Doble Maduros aren’t going to be a problem!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
djs134 said:
...So, is it possible that since I didn’t allow the sticks to equalize in my humi for a few days, that they were too moist and the heat from the cherry was expanding the tobacco? I’ve never run into this before. I hope that all of my Sumatra, Ancient Warriors and Doble Maduros aren’t going to be a problem!
This is likely the case Dan.

I have begun letting all new arrivals acclimate for 30 days and I have stopped encountering flat or hard to smoke, like you describe, cigars.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Anything I've ever gotten off of Cbid needed at least 3 months in humi before it tasted normal and wasn't soaked. I'd give it a little rest before trying others.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
You know, this hobby is gettin' to be a PITA! First I gotta watch what I spend. Then I gotta find a place to store the sticks I get when I don't watch what I spend. Then I gotta find the time to smoke the sticks that I can't store 'cause I don't have any room since I don't watch what I spend. Now you're telling me I gotta be PATIENT to smoke the sticks that I can’t store ‘cause I don’t have any room ‘cause I don’t watch what I spend!!!

Next you’ll be telling me that I don’t NEED the 50 ct Cigar Caddy I just won on Cbid ‘cause I wasn’t watchin’ what I was spendin’!
:disappoin :wtf: :wink: :hysterica

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Does bring up and interesting question though. Cbid is essentially CI. All of my CI orders come in fine and I have never had any problems. What's up there?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Maybe different warehouses:dunno: ?

I have been using CI for years and never really had a problem. Never tried CBid. I did let my doble maduros rest for six months after the first one seemed kinda bland. They are great now. Unfortuneatly I gave most away. No patience.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Love the Doble Maduros! Got a 5er from CI and loved it. Had a couple left but they are now mixed with the new kids from CB.... guess I'll have to wait a few weeks before I get to taste one of those babys again... there's that patience thing again....

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Someone was telling me that cbid cigars are stored differently and potentially not as good. Not sure of the truth to that but....might explain the differences.