What's new

Must buy, everytime

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I don't think I have any "must buy, everytime" cigars from the b&m, but I do have a few mainstays:

- Tatauje brown labels
- Opus X
- Hemingways
- PAMs
- Partagas Black labels
Have to totally agree on the Hemingway and the Partagas black, I love those blacks. I always keep 6 or more on hand, I love them.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
It is a 35-40 minute drive from here though and I would prefer to go with a BOTL ya know...sittin' there all alone would be akward. :rofl:

R

RX2010

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
the point is to go alone, so you don't sit alone... duh....

btw the way, I'm married and if my wife saw pictures of that place... I'd probably have to go elsewhere

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
There's no neat, gimmicky shops like that around here. Just surly old men selling cigars. I almost never 'hang out' at the local shop, only if I'm killing time before heading somewhere else. Usually I'll grab a few and sit on the side patio at the house, or over at the weekly HERF with my buddies.

My mainstays:

- Partagas Series "S", Preferido (this is my current very favorite)
- CAO, CX2
- Rocky Patel, Sungrown, 1992

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
If I'm going to a local B&M I tend to gravitate towards Padron's first.

After that Ashton, Brazilias, Hemingways and Opus/Anejo (if available) are looked at in no particular order.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
There's no neat, gimmicky shops like that around here. Just surly old men selling cigars. I almost never 'hang out' at the local shop, only if I'm killing time before heading somewhere else. Usually I'll grab a few and sit on the side patio at the house, or over at the weekly HERF with my buddies.

My mainstays:

- Partagas Series "S", Preferido (this is my current very favorite)
- CAO, CX2
- Rocky Patel, Sungrown, 1992
Just an idea. Next time ask one of those surly old men what he is smoking. Buy one and try it. If you like it, buy him one and gift it before you leave. If you dont like it buy him one you like and gift it before you leave. Accomplishs a number of things. 1) Proves your not just a punk roving through his first cigar store (no offense), 2) You get to try a new cigar and 3) You gain a friend or two.

I've met a lot of people this way.

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just an idea. Next time ask one of those surly old men what he is smoking. Buy one and try it. If you like it, buy him one and gift it before you leave. If you dont like it buy him one you like and gift it before you leave. Accomplishs a number of things. 1) Proves your not just a punk roving through his first cigar store (no offense), 2) You get to try a new cigar and 3) You gain a friend or two.

I've met a lot of people this way.

Good call. Interestingly enough, that's how I discovered all three of the cigars on that list.:grin:

I have a tendency to gravitate toward surly folks anyhow.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I know. I have searched the addresses on RTDA as well. I just need to actually go out and physically find them.
Dad and I went out and made the tour over the holidays.

Lemme just say, this area is in dire need of a nice B&M...the three we found were not very impressive at all.

Although, at the one at the mall I did find a stick I will buy everytime we go to the mall.

The Gurkha Estate Selection Pyramid...very enjoyable, albeit very mild and light bodied.