What's new

Muuuum BBQ

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I was so sad about the end of crawfish season I decided to start the smoker yesterday. 16#. Prime packer brisket and 2 racks of ribs. Why?

Because it's always BBQ season here in T E X A S!

Slices from the point

Slices from the flat

Ribs

Damn! Now I am huuuuunnngggrryyyy!
Looks awesome bro!

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I was so sad about the end of crawfish season I decided to start the smoker yesterday. 16#. Prime packer brisket and 2 racks of ribs. Why?

Because it's always BBQ season here in T E X A S!

Slices from the point

Slices from the flat

Ribs

You sir look like you know your way around a pit.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Looks amazing bro! Man that smoke ring on the meat is unreal. That's some low and slow smoking right there. Enjoy!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thanks yall! I'm sure if you looked close you could see the pecan wood smoke cloud coming up from Round Rock TX :). I've cooked a lot of meat on this smoker for sure but this one was the best (say that every time Lol). The prime brisket is well worth the price. Barely had to bite into the ribs, melt in your mouth goodness...and the brisket held together but would pull apart when tugged. I picked it up at CostCo (friend has a membership) for like 60$ and then 3 racks of baby backs for $10 bucks a rack, you can't beat that! Messed around with choice and grass fed, even angus briskets and the two I have made that were prime were so much better.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Looks delicious. Do you place the brisket directly on the rack or do you wrap it at some point?
Yup right on the rack fat side up with the point toward the firebox. I also put a ss bowl full of water in to keep the smoking chamber moist. I trim a lot of the deckle and larger fatty sections down but not completely off as it will render down as it cooks for 12 hours at 250. Scoring the fatty sections also helps them render off better. My rub is fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt. Mwhen the internal temp probe reaches 150 I wrap in either un waxed butcher paper or foil till it his 200. Then it gets pulled and rests about 1.5 hours before it is sliced against the grain starting at the flat. When i reach the point I rotate the brisket 90 degrees and cut through both the fatty and lean sections.

Fired up the smoker again last night for the last rack of ribs. After two hours meat side down at 300 I wrap them and put a bit of sauce and some sort of liquid in the foil with them. Usually sweet tea :). I also added a bit of walkers wood jamacian jerk to this last rack and omg...goodness!

Believe it or not I think I am bbqed out lmao! My wife was like I'm tired of the house and you smelling like the pit HA...

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Nice work man, I have The Big Green Egg and have smoked a lot of ribs in it. I've only done a corned beef brisket this year for St. Patrick's day and it turned out awesome. My wife says the same thing about me smelling like smoke but that's because I usually light up a cigar as well. haha

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Yup right on the rack fat side up with the point toward the firebox. I also put a ss bowl full of water in to keep the smoking chamber moist. I trim a lot of the deckle and larger fatty sections down but not completely off as it will render down as it cooks for 12 hours at 250. Scoring the fatty sections also helps them render off better. My rub is fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt. Mwhen the internal temp probe reaches 150 I wrap in either un waxed butcher paper or foil till it his 200. Then it gets pulled and rests about 1.5 hours before it is sliced against the grain starting at the flat. When i reach the point I rotate the brisket 90 degrees and cut through both the fatty and lean sections.

Fired up the smoker again last night for the last rack of ribs. After two hours meat side down at 300 I wrap them and put a bit of sauce and some sort of liquid in the foil with them. Usually sweet tea :). I also added a bit of walkers wood jamacian jerk to this last rack and omg...goodness!

Believe it or not I think I am bbqed out lmao! My wife was like I'm tired of the house and you smelling like the pit HA...
Lovin' your techniques. I've not had a prime brisket, but the choice angus packer brisket I did over the 4th was pretty nice too. I don't quite take my internal temp to 200 (usually pull mine at 180 and wrap and sit over night) and then baste it with a jalapeno/beer/bbq concoction. None-the-less, theres more than one way to skin this cat and your picks clearly show your success. Well done.

And I love me some walkers wood jerk sauce. Gonna have to put some on the next batch of ribs.