What's new

My Aristocrat has arrived!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I arrived home a little over an hour ago, anxious to see my new humidor. My wife had called me at work and told me it had arrived and the box was sitting in the garage.

I less than an hour I had it unpacked and moved into my office. After digging out the instructions and reading them a couple of times, I hooked up the two components and plugged it in. She's running, and cooling off from her long trip from Texas to Florida. As Bob suggests I will let this run and stabilize the temp until tomorrow. After 24 hours, I'll add water to the tank, arrange my cigars, and she should be in good shape.

A few initial thoughts. I don't smoke a lot of cigars, so I couldn't justify getting anything more than the basic humidity/temp controlled end table unit. This is just about the bottom of the line for Bob's offering's. But you would never know that looking at this fine piece of work. This is a beautiful piece of furniture. I knew that I'd keep the humidor in my office where it would seldom be seen by anyone, so I didn't get any of the fancy "stuff" that Bob offers, although much of this adds a lot in appearance.

Living in Florida I've fought with humidity/temp problems for a couple of years. This is why I opted for the Aristocrat. But I was only interested in a unit that would keep my cigars at a constant temp and humidity. What I got is a whole lot more.

If your thinking about a serious humidor I urge you to look at the Aristocrat line. Bob is a artisan who takes pride in his work, and he's a joy to work with.

I plan to post more as I learn more and have allowed the unit to run for awhile. But my first impression is THIS IS AWESOME.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Wow, those are beautiful cabinets. A little out of my price range right now, but awesome none the less. Fill it up and give us some pics please.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
They are awesome aren't they?

I've had mine for about a year and a half now and I love it! Don't be afraid to use some beads to even out the RH if you have to. I used just the humidifier at first, but Bob advised me to use beads as well if needed.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yea, I asked Bob about the beads and he said it was a good idea to put some in. So tomorrow I'll put in the distilled water, my cigars, and some beads. It just quit running after about 4 hours.