What's new

My first 1926

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just smoked my first Padron 1926.

Now, im pretty new to smoking cigars, but this cigar really made me appreciate the nuances of flavor, aroma, and how they make you think and feel.

It was a strange smoke. Don't get me wrong - I loved it. Everything started off pretty normal. Good flavor - it reminded me of rye. And sandalwood. About half way down though, things got serious.

Most of the cigars I have had make me feel relaxed, happy, or just taste good. This cigar though...I don't want to sound weird but it made me feel almost sad. Strange?

It reminded me of something I can't quite put my finger on. Not a smoke I would undertake on a regular basis (not just because of the $). Its not a cigar I would smoke with friends, or a cigar I would smoke to celebrate. I think this is a smoke for more serious affairs. Those flavors were so distinctive, ans subtle though...like a memory that I had forgotten.

Anyone ever have this experience with a cigar?

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Maybe it made you feel sad for the money you spent on it???

I prefer the 64's. Tastes great, better than the 26 imo, and less money.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
You know... I've smoked a couple 26s and 64s and can say I can see what you mean. While I always enjoy smoking with a friend, those 2 in particular have always been smoked alone. Not for any reason, but it just worked out like that. They both are so smooth and flavorful, I was certainly sad to have to put them down. But as far as feelinig sad, those two are like a good sad movie for me. You are so wrapped up in it that you feel the emotion of the actors and it hits you deep inside. Those two sticks have fallen on days where I'm open to that kind of emotion and have deffinetly left an imprint on me. Some sticks amaze me in constructon and appearance, to the point I'm in Awe of the artistry involed. Then some don't look that great, but have a flavor / power profile that blow you mind. And some are such a great value for a stick that doesn't disapoint you in the other areas that I'm so happy to have found another stick I can smoke everyday. And some just plain suck. I figure my humidar, as limited as it may be, can take me on an emotional rollercoaster that could rival a woman's during pregnancy...even the anger. That comes when I spend 10 bucks on a stick that is so tight it can't be smoked.