What's new

My first freeze! (Because the house was 98*)

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Yup! 98* friggin' degrees! & I have no idea how long either... We were out of town for a few days and came home to a sauna. So now all my sweet lil babies are going into the deep freezer for a few days. I hope they didn't suffer too much while it was so hot in the house.

Anyone have experience with this. Was the flavor affected by the heat? Did the change persist if so?

This sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Eh. Let them all rest for a few weeks, they'll be fine. Your orders in the summer bake in the back of postal trucks. Let em rest a while and you'll be ok.
Thanks, bruv. Appreciate the feedback
How long do they have to sit for? Been three days at -2*. One good thing about it is the whole collection will be beetle free. & all new stock will be too with a quick trip to the deep freezer.
This may end up as a bit of a blessing if the flavor hasn't been affected.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
when did you buy them?

Didn't Saka and others say that after a certain amount of time after rolling beetle larvae dies?

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Thanks, bruv. Appreciate the feedback
How long do they have to sit for? Been three days at -2*. One good thing about it is the whole collection will be beetle free. & all new stock will be too with a quick trip to the deep freezer.
This may end up as a bit of a blessing if the flavor hasn't been affected.

2 days in fridge
3-4 days in freezer
2-3 days in fridge
back in their natural habitat.

That's what some people do. I've never frozen anything so I know nothing.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
when did you buy them?

Didn't Saka and others say that after a certain amount of time after rolling beetle larvae dies?
The collection spans about 7yrs. with about 6 boxes and & 100(or so) singles in the last 12 months.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
The collection spans about 7yrs. with about 6 boxes and & 100(or so) singles in the last 12 months.

Don't remember exactly and obviously too lazy to search but larvae is not viable after a few months is what I seem to recall.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yup! 98* friggin' degrees! & I have no idea how long either... We were out of town for a few days and came home to a sauna. So now all my sweet lil babies are going into the deep freezer for a few days. I hope they didn't suffer too much while it was so hot in the house.

Anyone have experience with this. Was the flavor affected by the heat? Did the change persist if so?

This sucks.

I just went through the same thing, only worse: I almost certainly had some beetles. See here:

http://www.botl.org/threads/is-this-a-problem.90553/

Upon advice received from the fine folks at BOTL I double-bagged the 60 or so sticks in my meager humidor in gallon freezer ZipLocks: 2 days in the refrigerator, 3 days in the freezer, back into the refrigerator for 3 days, and then back into the humidor. No ill effects as far as I can tell. I smoked an Oliva V from the batch and it was fine (a couple others, too, but I noticed you have a box of Olivas in your collection).

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Thanks for all of the input, guys. They're coming out of the deep freeze tonight, going into the fridge. Can't wait to load them back into the cabinet!

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
So, yesterday was another shit the bed moment for our a/c. Came home to an 87* house, and it probably won't be fixed until tomorrow or Sunday. Should I move the stash to someone else's house or not? We'll be going on three consecutive days of high heat by tonight. Four by Sunday.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Sorry to hear, brother. not an expert on beetles or anything but, if you froze them already I would think everything is good.

What I am an expert in is HVAC. What's going on with your unit?