What's new

My first Oliva

The_Other

One card shy...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, at 10 pm this evening, I decided I wanted a cigar, but nothing that was going to take me 2 hours to smoke. We had a few small Oliva's in the humi, and I decided I'd finally try my first Oliva. The thing is, I normally smoke mild cigars and wasn't really prepared for this one. With my first puff, I thought, 'oops', and then proceeded to drink most of Jesse's large glass of water through the course of this small cigar. The spices, they BURN! I think I might be staying with my mild ones till my palate become more accommodating. :smokingbo

One a side note, anyone have any info. on this cigar? I didn't see anything about it on Oliva's site. We got this one from the RTDA.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
By comparing the band to the bands in my Journal, that is a Serie G and a Corona I think. It does not look dark enought to be the G maduro. I've had all three the G, the O and the V and I've enjoyed all three thouroughly. I can see that they may be a little spicy, but give Oliva another chance, they're becoming one of my favorites.

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
By comparing the band to the bands in my Journal, that is a Serie G and a Corona I think. It does not look dark enought to be the G maduro. I've had all three the G, the O and the V and I've enjoyed all three thouroughly. I can see that they may be a little spicy, but give Oliva another chance, they're becoming one of my favorites.

It wasn't a G if anything I think it is an O. These are the cigarallos they are going to put into Tins I believe.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I have no comment about the cigar.....

...but damn, your avatar is cracking me up! I want a frog hat for MY cat now! :rolling:

The_Other

One card shy...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
It wasn't a G if anything I think it is an O. These are the cigarallos they are going to put into Tins I believe.
I certainly don't want to argue with the master, but.....The band on the O has a red and gold ring bordering it. The G has a solid Gold border on the circular portion of it. Of course I could be seriously wrong on the size. I should have realized by the user name "the other" that this is a woman holding the cigar. After looking a second time, I see the long nails and realized that the proportions may have thrown me off. Now I see another difference the seal at the bottom center of the band may be differnt than on my Gs.

What size was that cigar???

The_Other

One card shy...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4" in length. Not sure of the ring size. Still trying to figure out how that system works.

I found some literature from Oliva that we grabbed at the show, and it shows that they have cigarillo's in Serie G Cameroon, and Serie O Habano. Since I'm not up to par yet in knowing the difference between this, that, and the other, I'm not sure if mine was one of those, or something altogether different.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
yeah my bad, I was comparing the cigar to a larger hand. The ring size is 38 on those G or O. Ring size I am familiar with so here goes. Ring size is base on the 64th of and inch. Meaning a 64 ring gauge is 1 inch in diameter. The 38 ring gauge would be just larger than 1/2 inch in diameter or 38/64 of an inch. I knoew I should not have argued with Jack. That'll learn me.:disappoin

The_Other

One card shy...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, for ring gauges, all I know is 64 = 1", and 32 = 1/2". After that, it would take me awhile to figure anything else out. ^^

EDIT: I also apologize for the picture. I looked at it after I posted and thought, "That looks a bit bigger than it really is...maybe I should take another", but by then it was almost midnight and I was exhausted. So, guess I should have posted the length, but I thought maybe someone could identify it by the band.