What's new

My Garage Exhaust System

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
I don't know how 'bad' it is. I definitely use the snorkel attachment(pictured above) at lower speed on the cold days where I know it'll be of concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Bump. Curious as to the heat retention and also what you use to heat the garage? Or do is your garage actually heated?

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Heat retention? I live in North Dakota, so lets start there. I have a 45KBTU NG heater and some nights it barely keeps up. I have a 3 car garage with 12' ceilings so in hindsight, I should have went with a 75KBTU model.
How I control this is by turning down the speed control and directing the smoke through the snorkel attachment (thx for the idea @Jfire). This still allows the smoke to be evacuated plus the garage is naturally drafty, so I don't have to open a window to feed it with fresh air. I have a CO detector so I know that I am not bringing in the exhaust from the heater back in the garage either.

When I am not using the snorkel attachment, I crank up the cfms and open the window a titch on the opposite side of the garage to get a good cross breeze.
Hope this helps!

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Been away from BOTL for a while and part of the reason (excuses yaya) is because we moved to a new house in Minnesota.

With that comes the need for a new winter garage smoking solution. This time around, I decided to go with a less permanent solution so I thought I'd share.

Basically I crack the door 3.5" and I'm in business! Same fan I had in Minot as i was happy with it. 8" flexible duct, a couple clamps and a duct transition. Works pretty well.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk