What's new

My leafs from 2018

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year's harvest from my tobacco plants gave 13 lb. Ten different varieties + the plant divided into three parts (Ligero, Seco and Volado), so there were 30 piles to keep track of. :)
The varieties are; Florida Sumatra, Havana 142, Havana 211, Black Mammoth, Criollo 98, Habano 2000, Pennsylvania Red, Wisconsin 901, Connecticut Broadleaf and Little Dutch.
I have picked out the ones to be used as wrappers, thinking if I should put them in the fermentation box another 3-4 weeks.
This year 2019 I will use four varieties; Havana 142, Florida Sumatra, Pennsylvania Red and Wisconsin 901.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Last year's harvest from my tobacco plants gave 13 lb. Ten different varieties + the plant divided into three parts (Ligero, Seco and Volado), so there were 30 piles to keep track of. :)
The varieties are; Florida Sumatra, Havana 142, Havana 211, Black Mammoth, Criollo 98, Habano 2000, Pennsylvania Red, Wisconsin 901, Connecticut Broadleaf and Little Dutch.
I have picked out the ones to be used as wrappers, thinking if I should put them in the fermentation box another 3-4 weeks.
This year 2019 I will use four varieties; Havana 142, Florida Sumatra, Pennsylvania Red and Wisconsin 901.

Nice! I love seeing the photos of your efforts.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Those are gorgeous. As a chef I’d happy to give those a taste test for you.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
That's awesome! And the finished product just looks freaking great!
How do they taste? There's all kinds of tobacco there I've not heard of, not to mention the nuances growing conditions imbue..

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! And the finished product just looks freaking great!
How do they taste? There's all kinds of tobacco there I've not heard of, not to mention the nuances growing conditions imbue..
Thanks, I have not tried them yet, the leafs still need rest (naturally fermentation) but I had to testroll a couple.. :)
As you mentioned, there are a huge differense between putting a seed in a bucket in the middle of Sweden than to do the same in soil in Nicaragua. :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well done !
I'm doing the same with my different kinds of Nicaraguan tobacco.
I wait at least 2 months before trying them.
Thanks, I think some of these homegrown leafs needs a couple of weeks of extra fermentation, at least the leafs I sorted out as wrappers.