What's new

My most recent purchase

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Yesterday found me selling an old clunky Ruger P91 DC and shortly after found myself at a very nice local shop named Tombstone Tactical. I was on the hunt for a home defense/carry piece that wasn't overly bulky, was not striker-fired, wasn't too difficult for my fiancée to operate the slide, and had a manual safety (there are kids in the house). Personally I do not care for striker fired pistols and like to have the choice to carry cocked and locked. I didn't want to come out of pocket very much either as I have a wedding coming up. I had been doing some research on various pistols the last few weeks and kept coming back to the poly framed EAA Witnesses based on features, cost, and positive reviews. They happened to have an EAA Witness Pavona in 40s&w on the shelf that I asked to see. The the thing fit my hand perfectly and felt so natural, to top things off the trigger feels great right out of the box. It had everything I was looking for at a very good price and I was able to get the shop to knock $50 off the sticker. Sure, the gun is designed for women but that doesn't bother me if it shoots as good as it feels, especially since I wanted to make sure my fiancée can use it comfortably.

I'm anxious to get this thing to the range. As a CZ based design the slide runs inside the frame helping to increase the accuracy and I look forward to putting it through the paces. After I can get it out and send some lead down range I will update with a more thorough review.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424113116.778294.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424113135.802182.jpg

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
That's a nice little pistol. My wife has a CZ and I picked up a Tri-Star T-100 which is a CZ/Jericho aka Baby Eagle clone. Truth be told I stripped both and the Tri-Star was a little cleaner when it came to the fit and finish and it was half the price. The thing shoots like a dream too. Here's a pic of what it looks like.
image.jpg

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
That's a nice little pistol. My wife has a CZ and I picked up a Tri-Star T-100 which is a CZ/Jericho aka Baby Eagle clone. Truth be told I stripped both and the Tri-Star was a little cleaner when it came to the fit and finish and it was half the price. The thing shoots like a dream too. Here's a pic of what it looks like.
View attachment 58909
For the money I am impressed with the fit/finish of the Tanfoglio product. I had to take off what seemed like a gallon of oil off the thing that it shipped with. Yours is a nice looking piece and when I'm ready to buy a full sized metal frame pistol I will definitely be looking into that Tri-Star

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Keep an eye on the slide. The old style, round ones (like yours) are prone to cracking.

Other than that, shoot the hell out of it.
Thank you brother I certainly will, I have read that and more so with the .40 like I have than the 9mm. I'm one of those guys that likes to clean the gun almost as much as shooting it so I will be paying close attention and hoping I don't have to deal with EAA for a warranty claim as I hear their service is not good but I'm hoping for the best.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
IIRC, there's some threads on the Enos forums about changing the springs in the old EAA guns to reduce stress on the slide. Might be something worth checking into.

Enjoy the new whip :cigar:

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
The springs, slide, etc were all reworked for this model but there is quite a bit out there available to upgrade what it has currently. I plan to put several hundred rounds through it as is to see how she feels before changing anything around. First things first, I need more mags and I'm a little puzzled there. This model is marketed as having 9 round mags and the one it came with fits 10 no problems. I will be calling EAA to get some info from them and get the correct part number for extra mags to make sure everything is compatible and safe. Thanks again man! I may be pm'ing you in the near future about an ar build I'm wanting to do, I've been poking around this area and know that you know your shit.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Finally was able to take this out to the desert and put a couple hundred rounds through the pipe. This is one snappy little pistol and a blast to shoot. It performed flawlessly eating whatever I fed it; lead, fmj, hollow points, 180gr, 165gr. Very happy with the purchase and anxious to get out again and work on my accuracy.