What's new

My new "mini" wine coolerdor

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Interesting dilema...I had outgrown my 100ct desktop humidor, and I needed something that cools (since we have a month's worth of 100+ degree days in the summer) but I was having trouble justifying the large 28-bottle wine cooler since I don't keep THAT MANY cigars on-hand.

So Target had this half-sized one on sale for $79 bucks (regular price $129):

Avanti 12-bottle Thermoelectric wine cooler

It's got enough room to store about 10 boxes of cigars, which is plenty for me. And this thing is virtually silent, which is good since I'm gonna have to sit in the same room with it all the time. LOL! I need to buy a thermostat now, one of those homebrew/honey style units. This has an adjustble temp range, but it doesn't seem to get any warmer than about 62, which is colder than I want.

The BEST thing is that my original "wife-approved" budget for a wine coolerdor was around $300, but now that I've done it on the cheap, I was able to split a box of PSD4s with the leftover money. :halfgrinw

Feel like I'm SMALL PIMPIN' fo real, now. :3rd:

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Word of warning: open the box BEFORE you get out of the parking lot (shoot, open it in the store if possible) because the packaging on these things SUCK. I can see why there are so many scratch-and-dent models on eBay because the 1/8" styrofoam is worthless. We bought a few of these units (the others are for my wife's wine) and one was quite smashed up, even tho the box looked fine on the outside. We had to take it back and exchange it for another.

But hey, for $79 bucks, it's worth buying!