What's new

My New RE-Starter Pipe

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
Don't laugh too hard fellas.

I smoked a cheap-o grabow pipe many moons ago, but haven't for years. I thought with summer fast approaching in AZ a half bowl or so in the heat might be a better option than some of the bigger cigars I have tried to smoke in the summers past.

So, I picked up this retro Yellow Bole briar pipe on fleabay the other day as my Re-Starter pipe. This was NOS and still had the sticker on the stem, and paper cap in the bowl (honey coated...) All I ever had before was mostly drugstore and supermarket blends and some blends from a local guy in South Dakota. I can't wait to get my hands on some new stuff and see how it goes.

BTW - I'll take reccommendations on tobaccos you think are "must trys" Thanks!

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
as for must try tobaccos. I recomend any of the GLP tobaccos or the mcclelland tobaccos.
I enjoy the glp picadilly and his cigar blend. Stonehaven is a must try if you can find it.
Penzance is awesome. The christmas cheer is a awesome yearly blend.

the best thing about tobaccos is trying everything ya can. I would avoid flavored tobaccos they tend to burn hot and get off flavores.
a good starter tobacco is an mild english blend or a virgina/perique blend.
any questiosn I am a phone call or pm away!

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I don't know anything about pipes but all this talk here and in chat really makes me want to go pick up a pipe and a few tins!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice looking pipe!

I've been smoking alot of C&D blends lately (Cornell & Diehl) I like their Yale Mixture, Haunted Bookshop and Sunset Harbor. Boswell pipes also offers some great blends too.