What's new

My new ride: GTI

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I got this last week to replace my Plymouth Neon that was fallin apart. I got tired of taking it back, and the electrical started going.
Did a bunch of research and test drove this baby and went back the next week to get it.

I am having a blast just driving to work in this thing. I might go for a road trip this weekend just for the heck of it.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I was actually contemplating a mini for a while. Then I don't know what happened... playing Forza III or something, I just wanted a hot hatch. After a bunch of research this one sounded to be just right.

Admittedly I don't have experience driving stick, but the DSG dual clutch automatic is just as good. I can put it in manual mode and control the gears without a clutch, or sport mode for higher RPMs.

It is funny, in my office where people are driving audis and BMWs etc. they were giving me congrats like I just got engaged or had a baby.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
pittsburgh, the city of champions and charlottesvi
I was actually contemplating a mini for a while. Then I don't know what happened... playing Forza III or something, I just wanted a hot hatch. After a bunch of research this one sounded to be just right.

Admittedly I don't have experience driving stick, but the DSG dual clutch automatic is just as good. I can put it in manual mode and control the gears without a clutch, or sport mode for higher RPMs.

It is funny, in my office where people are driving audis and BMWs etc. they were giving me congrats like I just got engaged or had a baby.
first, congrads on the car..it's awesome I would have bought one, but life happens. the thing is really fun to drive, i beat the hell out of one on a test drive....sales guy was dumb enough to toss me the keys. I drove both the manual and the dsg and while the dsg rockors my boxors it's not quite a manual. The problem I have with it is that the computer and I think too much alike so I end up either having to let the computer do the 1-2 shift or I have to end up short shifting into second....other wise I end up in third. Neither of which are things I find fun. That being said I'd still pick up the dsg over the manual but man do those germans know how to make a manual...like a well oiled bolt gun they are. Remember to mod....kustom, cause stock sucks :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
64   0   0

Those are cool cars. I had a gti before and the are addicting to fix up. All you need now is a chip for the ecu, intake, down pipe, exhaust and then you will love the car even more.

The negative is that you won't be covered under warranty after that

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
NICE! I have an R32 and love it. Can't wait to see if we get a new one of those on this side of the pond. You are gonna have many hours of driving fun in that bad boy!

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
real men have GLI's....

now that your a dub head, what ever u do, don't go to awetuning website... it's a more expensive habbit than cigars!
Posted via Mobile Device