What's new

My New Wineador

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
With help and suggestions from the brethren, I selected, converted, and am thoroughly thrilled with my wineador. I got an Insignia 29-bottle wine fridge from BB, cleaned the walls with mild detergent solution, washed out with a wet cloth, then soaked in vinegar for a day or so. Capn 1, plastic smell 0. It’ll stay unplugged, and I’ll see how the temp goes when summer comes around. Bought the 12.5”x7.5” cedar trays on Amazon, and it’s tight but I was able to fit 2 trays “vertically,” side-by-side, on each wire rack. It’s a little tricky to pull them out and push back in because of the scalloped wine shelves, but I’ve got the trick down. Was going to replace those racks with some cedar planks, but I think I’m good for now.
Wiped down the trays a couple of times, and had bowls of DW all over, plus lots of Boveda 69%, and it seasoned up in only a few quick days. I replaced with a bunch of Boveda 65%, and waited two more days to make sure it held. It holds RH like a friggin’ dream. 65 on the bottom where my CC’s are, and 66-67 on the other 4 shelves, and comes back to RH only a few minutes after closing the door again. Pictures below. I’m a happy man.
I’ve got a tiny humidor sitting on top of the fridge, as a drybox if needed for CC’s. In the top drawer of the cabinet I’ve left room for some Fuente Añejo’s I hopefully have coming soon. You can see there’s a lot of space in my Aging Room/Monte 1935 drawer, because I’ve got 15 more of each on the way. Also plenty of room in my Padron naturals drawer for more #35 and #6. Or I might combine the two of those, separate the #48’s from the #1’s, and use that extra space for more #48 if I can find them. In the bottom space, I lined with a bunch of cedar Boveda holders I had in my previous humidors. FYI, humidor organization gets me far more excited than it should. I only smoke about once or twice a week, so these will age, age, age, age. Enjoy the pics, and have a great Sunday!6FEB92B5-B209-419B-9F4E-C4C7A50BDB3A.jpegF1707447-DD15-4FD6-BA3E-DE419052607C.jpegD8B2B8F0-03CD-4E3F-911B-AB0A0A9E8CC8.jpegE62A98D9-6D21-4668-910D-9F6F18B789F5.jpeg0A305F9B-04D6-456C-9583-7692D17AFE5E.jpeg4DBB36A9-E4A7-4D84-A059-72D91C90EBF7.jpegD86F75B1-B0D6-4F63-B10B-DD6D6313C976.jpeg6A87F66A-C073-4649-9A0A-3068D72A7305.jpeg,

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
With help and suggestions from the brethren, I selected, converted, and am thoroughly thrilled with my wineador. I got an Insignia 29-bottle wine fridge from BB, cleaned the walls with mild detergent solution, washed out with a wet cloth, then soaked in vinegar for a day or so. Capn 1, plastic smell 0. It’ll stay unplugged, and I’ll see how the temp goes when summer comes around. Bought the 12.5”x7.5” cedar trays on Amazon, and it’s tight but I was able to fit 2 trays “vertically,” side-by-side, on each wire rack. It’s a little tricky to pull them out and push back in because of the scalloped wine shelves, but I’ve got the trick down. Was going to replace those racks with some cedar planks, but I think I’m good for now.
Wiped down the trays a couple of times, and had bowls of DW all over, plus lots of Boveda 69%, and it seasoned up in only a few quick days. I replaced with a bunch of Boveda 65%, and waited two more days to make sure it held. It holds RH like a friggin’ dream. 65 on the bottom where my CC’s are, and 66-67 on the other 4 shelves, and comes back to RH only a few minutes after closing the door again. Pictures below. I’m a happy man.
I’ve got a tiny humidor sitting on top of the fridge, as a drybox if needed for CC’s. In the top drawer of the cabinet I’ve left room for some Fuente Añejo’s I hopefully have coming soon. You can see there’s a lot of space in my Aging Room/Monte 1935 drawer, because I’ve got 15 more of each on the way. Also plenty of room in my Padron naturals drawer for more #35 and #6. Or I might combine the two of those, separate the #48’s from the #1’s, and use that extra space for more #48 if I can find them. In the bottom space, I lined with a bunch of cedar Boveda holders I had in my previous humidors. FYI, humidor organization gets me far more excited than it should. I only smoke about once or twice a week, so these will age, age, age, age. Enjoy the pics, and have a great Sunday!View attachment 168171View attachment 168172View attachment 168173View attachment 168174View attachment 168175View attachment 168176View attachment 168177View attachment 168178,
Very nice.
Congratulations.

I'm thankful that I don't need one here, they certainly aren't cheap

I friggin' LOVE cigars

Capn_Jackson

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Very nice.
Congratulations.

I'm thankful that I don't need one here, they certainly aren't cheap

I friggin' LOVE cigars
Not sure I needed it either, as my CC's fit pretty well in a 100-count box. My non-Cubans had my bigger humidor totally stuffed, but I had a couple empty I could've used for overflow. However, I really wanted to try and keep everything in one place, and liked the idea of a cabinet. Also, like I said above, I love humidor organization. This allowed me to organize everything in a cool way, with room for more. However, with the orders I've placed, I think that extra room might be gone real soon.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure I needed it either, as my CC's fit pretty well in a 100-count box. My non-Cubans had my bigger humidor totally stuffed, but I had a couple empty I could've used for overflow. However, I really wanted to try and keep everything in one place, and liked the idea of a cabinet. Also, like I said above, I love humidor organization. This allowed me to organize everything in a cool way, with room for more. However, with the orders I've placed, I think that extra room might be gone real soon.
I understand, especially about the organization.

I have 4 large and 3 medium tupperdors for loose sticks and 2, 74qt containers for boxes, and everything only contains specific things, so I'm very into organizing too.

Plus my inventory app allows you to create as many different "humidors" as you want, so i can keep track of whats in every specific tupperdor.

Makes life much easier

I friggin' LOVE cigars

Capn_Jackson

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I understand, especially about the organization.

I have 4 large and 3 medium tupperdors for loose sticks and 2, 74qt containers for boxes, and everything only contains specific things, so I'm very into organizing too.

Plus my inventory app allows you to create as many different "humidors" as you want, so i can keep track of whats in every specific tupperdor.

Makes life much easier

I friggin' LOVE cigars
What inventory app is that? Excel?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What inventory app is that? Excel?
Its the Cigar Geeks app.

Been using it for about 12 years now, and obviously love it.

Very customizable and lots of info on the cigars available.

Unfortunately hasn't been supported for about 5 years, so there's the occasional glitch, but nothing major.

The android version is available in the Google play store

Not sure if the iOS version is still available anywhere.

Unfortunately doesn't work on my 2016 release tablet, so its one of the very few things that I still use my phone for.

Wasn't thrilled about entering all my cigars into the app on my tablet anyway, so no biggie

I friggin' LOVE cigars

Last edited:

Capn_Jackson

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hey Cap'n, that's a hell of an inventory and may I say, excellent taste in cigars.
Thanks! The Flor de las Antillas Maduros are probably my least favorite in there, but even those are fair. Fine for when I’ve been drinking, or while I’m woodworking.
Love my sticks, and they all seem pretty happy in there.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks! The Flor de las Antillas Maduros are probably my least favorite in there, but even those are fair. Fine for when I’ve been drinking, or while I’m woodworking.
Love my sticks, and they all seem pretty happy in there.
I agree, excellent taste in smokes. I see lots of great ones in there

I friggin' LOVE cigars

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've thought about getting a wine fridge but wit the drawers not being on slides I feel like it would be a pain. I have a physical disability so I have to have something I can access.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I've thought about getting a wine fridge but wit the drawers not being on slides I feel like it would be a pain. I have a physical disability so I have to have something I can access.
not sure if Forrest still makes drawers (also don’t want to start a fiery debate about wait times) but if you find a model that he makes them for his drawers work well in the slides that the original shelves fit into. (Wineadors.com)

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Didn't realize Best Buy had an insignia wine fridge...Hmmm!

Looks like it's a compressor style though so not sure how manageable that will be once you plug it in.

Capn_Jackson

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Didn't realize Best Buy had an insignia wine fridge...Hmmm!

Looks like it's a compressor style though so not sure how manageable that will be once you plug it in.
It is a compressor, yeah. However, I don’t intend to plug it in. If I have to in the Summer, I’ll fill a bunch of Boveda bags with sticks, put the bags in, and plug it in. Hoping not to do that, though.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The two winadors that I have built were both compressor models. I took the compressors out to decrease the weight. I don't need cooling since my house has A/C. Variation in temperature is not a big deal as long as it stays below 80 deg.
I also freeze all my sticks before they go in so beetles are really an issue for me anyway.