What's new

My "over-the-top" tupperdor

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So little background... 3 months ago... my ramblings...

0) it pre-started with jack and jill bachelor/bachelorette party... us guys went to a cigar lounge... great time... later than night women phone for help... we arrive i attempt to save the day from creepy bouncer that's been all over them that night at a club and almost.... almost get my face pulverized by that same bouncer (amazing fiancee didn't yell at me when she saw that happen), i still swear i had him scared... 195lbs for 400 lbs bouncer... right? great story none the less... glad i didn't get pulverized wedding photos would of sucked right?

1) 2 weeks later we get married yay... then the real craze began with a small spanish cedar wooden tray containing 5 cigars i picked that where handrolled from a small shop in John's Pass (Tampa, Fl) 2 days after our destination wedding... traveled back home and tossed them in a cooler with a shot glass containing a wet napkin lightly soaked with distilled h2o (pre-noob stage)... my new wife of 1 week yelled at me the next weekend when we used the cooler to transport some food to a party... ok... sorry, maybe i like my food tasting like cigars... then the wheels starting turning in my head and google became a friend...

2) found 2 sites that i enjoyed... lurked and learned... ordered my tupperware... boveda pack... and 2 spanish cedar wood tray dividers for smell 2x6... awesome!!! now i had a little set-up going for my 3 cigar's now... wait... i thought... time to fill it... received blessing from new wife... w00t

3) slowly started learning about gauge, vitola, brand, maduro/natural, flavor and was like woah wtf batman... it's a new world of exploration... began shopping...

4) it started to fill... opus check... no. 9 check... little monsters check... invested in beads... and i was thinking... boxes!!! went to the the cigar shops... got some... pitched all... i found i wasn't happy with organization and i still yearend for some more spanish cedar aroma... went to the wife... upgrade?

5) ~1 month ago... pitched the winedor... response: wtf oz we live in a apartment that's cramped with ur crap and my crap and u want more crap... wait till we move then go wild... i go ok... sniffle sniffle licked my wounds and was like idea... email forrest for custom trays for a tupperdor? crazy... maybe...

6) kept filling... forward forward... wife finds a cigar shop in nyc on her bday weekend trip and goes good boy oz for taking me to nyc and letting me shop all day on madison ave and 5th ave... go buy some sticks... found feral flying pigs... omg in a b&m in their humidor!!! my lucky streak continues...

7) waited waited and waited... "knock knock" omg drool... there here... avoided the wife's gaze due to the cigar craze... she's been getting a little annoyed, man has to have a hobby right? went to my 2x2 cubby hole that's my man cave in our apartment... unwrapped the new trays... OMG awesome... love em! later that same day... got yelled for ordering ratzillas while the wife and i had lunch... couldn't miss the call right... but hell trays and ratzillas in the same day its christmas right?

8) now i'm sad it's filled... and working on overflow solutions... but also happy... ironic, idk... wanted to share!

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Man, some shitty cigars there. Send them this way and I wll get rid of those dog rockets for you. :

Btw, great little story and welcome to the madness. Youll have a wineador in no time. And where'd you get Ratzillas!?!?!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
dude, you are SO going to outgrow that! o) still, cool story, it really sold your enjoyment, and nice to be reminded of the giddy glee of the learning curve. also, you are going to outgrow that.

FWIW, great bands in the noob stash box so far!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, some shitty cigars there. Send them this way and I wll get rid of those dog rockets for you. :

Btw, great little story and welcome to the madness. Youll have a wineador in no time. And where'd you get Ratzillas!?!?!
Curtis Drapers of Bethesda... DC location is sold out

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Lol, great story man, welcome to the darker side of the hobby. It just keeps getting darker and darker and darker, heh. Prepare to be yelled at far more often, or become a freakin' magician at hiding your orders, one or the other will get you. :seesaw: :stretchgr

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Nice intro, welcome from the Show-Me State :waving:. My wife has often voiced her opinion that there should be a Wives of BOTL support group :laugh:.

Dan

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Great story and pictures.

One final word regarding you getting yelled at for the ratzillas.....after 7 years of marriage I learned the hard way to keep most of my purchases, trades and cigar hoppy actions to myself. Only if pressed will I "give up the fine details".

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Nice starter set up. Nice smokes too.

I feel sorry for you though. Only married 3 months and the wife is already laying down the law on your a-- :).

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Even though you're just starting out, you're doing it right. That's the best small tupperdor I've seen. Two years from now you'll probably have an Aristocrat. :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your humidity doing or what have you done to balance out the RH?

I recently picked up the same container, and running into some issues with getting the correct temp/rh levels.

Cam

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Wow. It's absolutely crazy that you are that far down the slope with LE's and HTF's when you are still so new to this all.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well...looks like a nice start. lol I've got 10 of those about that size and then I have 12 wood humidors and all told I have over 4000 cigars. This slope just seems to get slippery.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get those trays from and what size is that Tupperware?
Lock&Lock 41.6 cup (338oz)
http://www.amazon.com/Lock-338-Fluid-Rectangular-Container-41-6-Cup/dp/B004CF3KAG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343629741&sr=8-1&keywords=Lock&Lock+338-Fluid+Ounce+Rectangular+Food+Container+with+Tray,+Tall,+41.6-Cup

Trays were custom made from winedors.com - size 7 1/4 in x 9 1/2 in x 2in

I recently picked up the same container, and running into some issues with getting the correct temp/rh levels.

Cam
Humidity has been very stable. I've been running the tupperdor without trays for about 3 months and it's been stable @ 65-66% RH and with the trays so far it's been 64% RH. I used HCM beads only without trays and HCM and Boveda with the trays. My temperature runs from 69-71F.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi EgnenZero! I'm new to this as well. Just setting up a coolidor, as my 25 count desk top is too small. I'm in Virginia Beach. I see you're in Alexandria. If you ever come to Va Bch for a day trip, etc. Let me know. It'd be nice to burn a stick or 2 with someone who enjoys it too!

Take care,
Brian

Where did you get those trays from and what size is that Tupperware?
Lock&Lock 41.6 cup (338oz)
http://www.amazon.com/Lock-338-Fluid-Rectangular-Container-41-6-Cup/dp/B004CF3KAG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343629741&sr=8-1&keywords=Lock&Lock+338-Fluid+Ounce+Rectangular+Food+Container+with+Tray,+Tall,+41.6-Cup

Trays were custom made from winedors.com - size 7 1/4 in x 9 1/2 in x 2in

Cam
Humidity has been very stable. I've been running the tupperdor without trays for about 3 months and it's been stable @ 65-66% RH and with the trays so far it's been 64% RH. I used HCM beads only without trays and HCM and Boveda with the trays. My temperature runs from 69-71F.