What's new

My Poor Tainted Pipe

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok, so I've had my pipe for bout 3 years now, simple wood design and whatnot. Fairly standard, imo. I usually smoke a bit of an aromatic blend, mainly cause I like the flavors and whatnot. Well, I came upon a almond blend that smelled good, so i got an ounce or two. Sadly, it was horrificly bad. I started getting heavy into cigarettes then, so the pipe took a back seat but over time, I finished off that horrific bag of crap. Now that I've started smoking cigars with Paul, I've been wanting to get in some loving on my pipe (lol) but I've found the poor thing to be tainted by the god aweful taste of that old almond tobacco. Does anyone know a way to get this crud out? Thanks in advance.

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
This is precisely the reason most people who smoke multiple blends use different pipes for each type of blend. From what I understand it is going to be very difficult to get rid of the taste. It would have been better to throw out the 'god aweful' tobaco and save the pipe :sadstare:

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Get some pure latakia and burn a bit in there. Then of course you might have an issue with a left over flavor from the latakia. I'd try burning some black cav for a a week like once a day maybe after that and a decent scraping you can fix the issue. I don't know much about pipes but it makes sense to me.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Fill the bowl with salt, add 7-10 drops of 90% rubbing alcohol or 151 rum and let it set for a couple of days. Repeat as needed to freshen the bowl...........the salt will change color as it absorbs the residue from the bowl.....

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Boppa-Wasch hit the nail on the head, use the salt method. If you live in a state where you can by Everclear (100 proof grain alcohol) it works the best, I've also used high proof vodka with good results.