What's new

My technique for paper molding hand rolls

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next trim and shape the head with a pair of scissors...

trimmed head.jpg

Next... prepare the wrapper by wetting the granite surface and sticking down the leaf with the finish side up and unmolested. Stretch it out.stuck leaf.jpgWater on backside only.

Next... trim leaf and cut out the flag...

trimmed.jpg

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm going to have to try this out. I hadn't thought about re-using the paper as I have always taped it to hold it together. The hair clips are a great idea! And heavier paper should be useful too...
Thanks for sharing @Gdaddy !

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to have to try this out. I hadn't thought about re-using the paper as I have always taped it to hold it together. The hair clips are a great idea! And heavier paper should be useful too...
Thanks for sharing @Gdaddy !
I just used paper to mold some Fectos, and then folded the last bit older to hold the paper tight. But my wife is a teacher and she has large sheets of paper that I “procured”. The sheets are 14 by like 24

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just used paper to mold some Fectos, and then folded the last bit older to hold the paper tight. But my wife is a teacher and she has large sheets of paper that I “procured”. The sheets are 14 by like 24
That's plenty big. It's easier if you'll cut the strips about 2" wide and roll at an angle. You want the paper to remain smooth and flat without any creasing or buckling. This will require that your bunch is pretty uniform throughout. Watch out, because you can roll it so tight it can ruin the draw. Do a few experiments and you'll figure it out.

So what's the big advantage to this you might ask? The advantage is that once you get the feel for how tight to roll you can get every cigar at a perfect tightness level giving a perfect draw. The secret is in your fingertips. Inevitably when I use a mold there are always a few that are too tight or loose and paper molding has eliminated that inconsistency.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other day I rolled 11. As I unwrapped 1 cigar, I would bunch with the scraps, reuse the paper wrapping, and wrapping another cigar, this kept my paper mold on a 30 min rotation more or less.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends, by the time I have bunched and paper wrapped four cigars, the first one is already ready to be wrapped with the wrapper leaf