What's new

Nabz Scavengers Hunt: Oliva Serie V Double Toro

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe this is too late for my second review, don't really know but here it is. Just wanted to publish it since I love this stick-

Oliva Serie V Double Toro

Wrapper: Habano Sun Grown
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Jalapa Valley Ligero
Vitolas: Double Toro

Here again with another of my favs.

This is a nice cigar to spend at least 2 hours 30 of chiling and joy.

Construction:
Perfect. The cigar is wrapper is a nice brown shade with very little veins. When you fiddle it in your fingers you can definitively say that it is well packed and has no soft spots. The brun is perfect no strugle to keep it even. The ash is white as snow and hold strong. Again I used my V Cut since it is so packed I need some air flow. Around mid half I made it into a cross because it had a little too much resistance for my preference. One of the only downside I see in the cigar is the band (yes another one). I find that it does not give it enough deth, it looks too cheesy and too large, but nevertheless a great stick.
Pre-Light
Barnyard heaven. the cold draw revealed some cinnamon and a musky flavor.

First Third
On my first puff I am welcomed with the spice, cinnamon and nutmeg. No real pepper but this is good. The flavors are well balanced and it doesnt start with too much power. Its a medium-minus body closer to medium, but I know it will evolve. The wrapper also delivers some spice the tickles the lips. Some sweet natural tabacco taste is also present.

Second Third
The nutmeg is now more on the front line and the cinamon is less decernable. The natural sweetness comes and goes. The after taste is long and welcoming. No harshness to be found. I get a little leather but not that much that it will bother me (one of my dreaded tastes).

Last third
I now have the musky taste that I felt on the clod draw mixed with the spice. The Oliva series V has also more power and is now meddium plus. The numeg stays in the mouth and leaves your mouth coated. There is also some pepper but comming from the tar that has build up. The smoke is nice and thick with a buttery texture.

Conclusion
Great flavors at an affordable price. It's one of them sticks that I like having a few in my rotaion. Never disappointed. I tend to prefer them in this size or the Double Robusto, the thiner vitolas in the Serie V just don't do it for me. This was one of my first cigars and I still love it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to renew a very old review- but I didn't want to make another review thread for a simple "blah" review.

The Oliva Serie V Melanio's in Robusto and Churchill have been a standard go to of mine recently- love the.

Tried the Double Toro for the first time today.

I got nothing but big smoke out of it.

I do typically prefer smaller ring gauge cigars, but just couldn't find much in this one except "smoke".

Anyone else have this experience with the recent production in this size?