What's new

Nano - PPS - G26

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never thought I would be that guy - you know, the guy with more than one gun in a "class" that can actually compare between a few. But I guess I have become that guy now with respect to my small 9mm's. Trying to find "the one" to carry has become more of a, which one today kind of thing lol.

Picked up the Walther PPS today.

Not sure I am willing to say which one I like the most quite yet. I am going to take em all out tomorrow to do a little competitive shooting.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been interested in walther, dont have one yet though. How is it?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been interested in walther, dont have one yet though. How is it?
Well, lets just say that the Walther will be the one on my hip soon. I really like the Nano - a lot! But for a carry gun, it's just a bit too touchy about ammo. Mine loves 124gr and that's about it.

The Walther on the other hand, well it just eats everything that I throw at it. That's extremely comforting to me. Besides that, I shoot it well and it's comfortable. There are a few other things I like about it as a carry gun too. You can visually tell if the gun is loaded - that's a plus. The negative is that the extractor doesn't stick out with one in the pipe, so in the dark if you can't see ... you can't feel to know if it's loaded.

The other thing that's nice is that there is a red cocking indicator at the back of the pistol to tell you if your gun is ready. What I like about that is, it pokes out as you pull on the trigger. When you re holster, if you place your thumb on that, you'll instantly know if something is hitting the trigger inadvertently. In the photo below, the picture was taken as the trigger was being pulled back.

Photo Credit - Gun Blast

I haven't had the PPS long enough to do a real in depth review, but like I said, it's headed to the hip. Just ordered new sights, grips, and holsters for it today. :)

Nice to see you back again!!! Hope all is well.

I LOVE the G26. But my big hands don't. That would be my choice. I'd need a bigger grip.
Thanks brother - I have had to slow down on the smoking :( . Doc's orders :(. We'll see how it goes :). Missed BSing with you though lol!

Yeah, the G26 is an absolute pig compared to the other two - but I can handle her and ... when talking firepower out of a small gun, the 33 rd mag makes ... well, lets just say the thing has some advantages. Too fat for me to conceal well with my body type. I have to tuck in my shirts at work lol - sigh.

You should handle a CCP when they become more mainstream. I hear they are a pain to take apart but fit like a glove and point like a dream. I want lol!!

My money is on the Glock. Have you fondled the g43 yet?
I have! Fondled and fired :). I like it. But the paddle mag release on the Walther is pure gold for me. I know, I know - you like it or love it. It took me some getting used to, but I have activated the mag release on pistols both shooting and in the holster (my fat does odd things lol) - never happens with a paddle. :)

About time Glock put out a single stack. The Walther has been around for over ten years lol!

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Love my PPS. Had three at one time, two 9mm and a 40.

Super reliable, easy to conceal, and I shoot it very well.

Had a Nano and shot it fairly well with slow shots, but that DAO trigger was a mile long. Point shooting or rapid shooting I'd always pull off target bringing the trigger home.

The PPS has an excellent trigger for a concealed handgun. Clean break and a short reset.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Well, lets just say that the Walther will be the one on my hip soon. I really like the Nano - a lot! But for a carry gun, it's just a bit too touchy about ammo. Mine loves 124gr and that's about it.

The Walther on the other hand, well it just eats everything that I throw at it. That's extremely comforting to me. Besides that, I shoot it well and it's comfortable. There are a few other things I like about it as a carry gun too. You can visually tell if the gun is loaded - that's a plus. The negative is that the extractor doesn't stick out with one in the pipe, so in the dark if you can't see ... you can't feel to know if it's loaded.

The other thing that's nice is that there is a red cocking indicator at the back of the pistol to tell you if your gun is ready. What I like about that is, it pokes out as you pull on the trigger. When you re holster, if you place your thumb on that, you'll instantly know if something is hitting the trigger inadvertently. In the photo below, the picture was taken as the trigger was being pulled back.

Photo Credit - Gun Blast

I haven't had the PPS long enough to do a real in depth review, but like I said, it's headed to the hip. Just ordered new sights, grips, and holsters for it today. :)

Thanks brother - I have had to slow down on the smoking :( . Doc's orders :(. We'll see how it goes :). Missed BSing with you though lol!

Yeah, the G26 is an absolute pig compared to the other two - but I can handle her and ... when talking firepower out of a small gun, the 33 rd mag makes ... well, lets just say the thing has some advantages. Too fat for me to conceal well with my body type. I have to tuck in my shirts at work lol - sigh.

You should handle a CCP when they become more mainstream. I hear they are a pain to take apart but fit like a glove and point like a dream. I want lol!!

I have! Fondled and fired :). I like it. But the paddle mag release on the Walther is pure gold for me. I know, I know - you like it or love it. It took me some getting used to, but I have activated the mag release on pistols both shooting and in the holster (my fat does odd things lol) - never happens with a paddle. :)

About time Glock put out a single stack. The Walther has been around for over ten years lol!
I love the mag release on my VP9. Was odd at first, but I'm finding it more and more comfortable than the standard mag release.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0

Photo Credit - Gun Blast

That Walthers is a beauty!!!! That grip might fit my fat hands! LOL.

UH OH......that's not a good thing to be hearing....hope things are alright for you.....

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Each and everyone of the above is a fine choice.

Glock is my choice. I carry the 43 and my wife carries a 42.

I went from a G36 to the 43. Talk about weight lifted.

The simplicity of a glocks design and the ease of repair/maintenance is a no brainier for me.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My money is on the Glock. Have you fondled the g43 yet?
The range I was at on Saturday had the G42 there, and holycow that thing is small and light. (I think the G43 is just slightly bigger) But the single stack really caught my eye. Looking to pick up a 43 now to be a light alternative to my G23 for carry

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have handled just about every single stack out there.

Before I began handling them, on paper I wanted the SIG P290.

After handling - I wanted the Springfield XDS - man that thing felt good in the hand lol.

I ended up buying the Nano ant the PPS.

The PPS is going to be my carry.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Ive been carrying a G19 for the better part of two and a half decades as a primary CCW weapon... (have occasionally toyed with other options.. but always end up back at the G19..)

but have been giving some serious thought to the G43... I might just have to go down that road..

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ive been carrying a G19 for the better part of two and a half decades as a primary CCW weapon... (have occasionally toyed with other options.. but always end up back at the G19..)

but have been giving some serious thought to the G43... I might just have to go down that road..
The size of the 19/23/32 etc etc is a great all-rounder, but just like you, I'm looking at the 43 and thinking it might be in my future as well for when the day calls for a lighter alternative.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0

You don't want to do that.
(y)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys carrying the double stacks tuck your shirts in at work?

The reason I got into the single stacks is because I can't conceal my doubles in the summer for the life of me.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
When youre built like me... you can conceal an M109 howitzer under your shirt..

single or double stack really doesnt matter..

The older I get the more important lighter/more comfortable gets.. thats really the only reason Im considering a 43...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the new sights on my Walther guys ... I wanted faster acquisition on my carry gun, so I got the Big Dots.

I have to keep reminding myself that this is what I wanted lol. It's quite the difference. Quite the difference lol!! They feel odd dry firing.

If they work, I'll be a happy camper ... but they are so ... "this is what I wanted, this is what I wanted" LOL!!