What's new

NC Montecristos

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
anyone have any recommendations???

Jr is offering a free humidor with box purchase and I was kinda intrigued.

also, it might be nice to have on hand for my mooching friends who always seem to come over for a few beers and are like..."Hey, you've got some good cigars right?"

Free humidor

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I haven't smoked them in a long time....I remember the white labels being somewhat one dimensional, not bad.

The cedar wrapped ones were nice and spicy.

Prob a good stick for mooch friends.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I have not had one in a while, I think they are tame. However I do smoke LFD LG and other stronger Maduro cigars, so I think they are mild. If you just want to keep some cigers to give to the moochers try Gispert. It is a cheap cigar that I do smoke.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I wouldn't even consider their NC lines to be cigars. More like a fat cigarette in a tobacco wrapper. Sad their CC lines can be so good but hop countries and they are pure shite!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow, so many terrible votes!

Montecristo is actually my favorite NC line. I've loved almost everything they put out. The Afrique line is very tasty, along with the whites and platinums. They aren't super strong cigars, so if you're used to stronger-bodied cigars you might find these mild. But that doesn't mean they don't have great flavor.

I picked up that deal, but I got the Series 'C' torpedos. Someone gifted me one a while back and I loved it.

Also, Monte makes some beautiful humidors. Simple but stylish - just what I like in a humi. I have the Afrique humidor and love it. Can't wait for this one to come in.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not a fan of domestic Monty's. However, the White Labels are OK (IMO), if you put 'em away for at least 6 months. Ashtray or no, there are lots of sticks out there that I like lots more. JMO, YMMV.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I love the #2's there one of my favorite smokes, but the NC montes never have done it for me.