What's new

NC packaging...

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I admit, has to be the best out there. Don't get me wrong, Cuban packaging can be awesome, but mostly on the "way-out-of-reach" specialty producsts and humidors. So here's some of my current favorites:

CAO Black. And the new humidor is also very cool.
CAO Criollo...very interesting box on these.

Gurkha Titan. Just an amazing box: Link

First metal packaging I've ever seen.

Bunches of others out there...heck, as evidenced by the empty boxes that Cigar Bid sells! Anyway, thoughts from the peanut gallery?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
You can't smoke the packaging. :hysterica

Seriously though, you are right...NC brands definitely put more effort, for the most part, into flashy packaging. They kinda have to ya know?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Maybe I'm strange but my favorite packaging is a Cuban cab. I like being able to pull out the bundle for a good sniff.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I do like cuban cabs better then the fancy n/c boxes. If they wouldn't put all the work into the boxes, then may'be the cigars would reflect the price range they should be in.

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
cvm4 said:
I do like cuban cabs better then the fancy n/c boxes. If they wouldn't put all the work into the boxes, then may'be the cigars would reflect the price range they should be in.
I'm with you Cliff. Interesting packaging to me is that which stacks nicely in a coolidor and allows good cigars to age. While I appreciate special boxes, I have a tendancy to toss stuff. Pretty, empty boxes will probably be given or thrown away. Same goes for empty dress boxes.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I think the NC packaging is probably geared towards the US market. Just like at lot of uninformed people will buy wine from the pretty looking label they would probably do the same with cigars.

I don't think it's geared toward the serious cigar smoker who knows what they want and what they buy. It's for picking up the fringe players with that kind of flash. It's just not needed with Cubans.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
That's what I was getting at John. The NC brands are in such a saturated market the packaging has to be used to try and improve their share.