What's new

Need a little help...

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
OK, so I got some cigars from jrohrer a couple of months ago as part of his "clearing out some room contest," and one of them was a light colored toro/churchill that I lit up the other night. It was a light, pale brown wrapper cigar that I would guess as being 6 1/2" or so. It was a rather large ring gauge, probably somewhere around 52-56.

The taste of it was unusual... I had just finished a PAM and was in awe of the buttery smoothness of the cigar, so I decided to gamble on this stick as my next smoke. As I lit it I noticed that the cigar was almost rock hard. It had been in my humi for 2 months or so and I have had no problems with any stick so I was expecting the worst. Instead, my first draw made me think that I might have some residual tastes from the PAM in my palette so I tried to wash it out with some Dr. Pepper. Didn't work. The PAM buttery-smoothness that I loved so much was an aftertaste that set later than anything I've experienced. The cigar itself had a slight grassy taste, at times I didn't really notice it, while at others you couldn't miss it. You could also taste a little spice in it at times. After you exhaled the smoke and it seemed like everything was at an end, this intense buttery aftertaste came in. It stayed really strong for the first 1-2" and slowly started to fade. It was still pretty strong until somewhere between the 1/2 and 2/3 point. After that, the taste was there, but was not nearly as smooth. It had a little more earth mixed in with it.

OK, so here's the problem. Josh had no idea what it was, where he got it, or even when he got it. If that review rings a bell for anyone, please let me know. I'd love to try a couple more of there to see how they do.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
that reminds me...the other day my friend joked about picking up philly blunts from the gas station. i told him don't waste your money, i'll roll up some newspapers for you. ;)