What's new

Need a Sushi Joint,,,,,,,,,

James In Japan

Give Me Liberty
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking from experience straight from the land of sushi,

Sushi and "Buffet" NEVER go together - if by sushi, you are including "sashimi" i.e. raw fish sushi. If you find such a place, be sure to eat plenty of pickled ginger and wasabi to kill off all the bacteria. ;)

Sincerely,

James in Japan

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
hmmm, I don't know of any up North or in the city...I'm sure there are plenty in NYC and more than enough in NNJ

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Does Good, Sushi, and Buffett ever come together????
Right, my thoughts exactly.

If you like sushi, then spend the extra yen and go to a good place.

If you're just experimenting and having fun then it doesn't matter. But cold sushi and warm sake is wrong.

If you stumble into the city I can recommend:
Ono - it's at the hotel Gansevroot. Cabana outside, lucious decor. Skip all that and go right to the sushi bar. Difference price list. Tremendous quality.

Yama - Irving Place and 17th. Small place. Busy. Again, good quality. Yama has another place on Houston but I haven't tried it.

Sushi Samba on 7th in the Village is great fun. Not traditional. Fun dining outdoor upstairs on the roof. Pricey but good. And different.

Hiro - no nonsense affordable sushi. Still expensive of course. The one on the UES I've been to planty of times. 78th Street? there's another on East 10th I have not tried yet.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I wonder where Mitch ended up going.

I have found a sushi place I really like, its Nori in Montclair, NJ. They aren't super fancy or anything for dinner, but for lunch you can't beat it. They have so many rolls on their menu is crazy. There are literally 2 whole pages on the menu that just list rolls. They have one called donkey kong with friend banana on top (sounds weird but its so good). There is one with eel inside and peanuts topped on roll. Lunch is like $12.95 and you get soup, salad, and to choose 2 different rolls as well as shumai or 2 other things.