What's new

Need grinder help

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
another Cuisinart?

hard to beat the DBM-8 for the price IMO... I love mine...

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Yeah that's the one I have (had). This is my 2nd one. Loved the first and the motor quit. I think this one is an electrical problem.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Yeah that's the one I have (had). This is my 2nd one. Loved the first and the motor quit. I think this one is an electrical problem.
Call them. They may replace or partially refund part of the new cost. Cuisinart fully replaced my 100 plus dollar can opener. And partially replaced my 3 year old grinder. Let them know you have purchased two now. You'll need the serial number off the back.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Call them. They may replace or partially refund part of the new cost. Cuisinart fully replaced my 100 plus dollar can opener. And partially replaced my 3 year old grinder. Let them know you have purchased two now. You'll need the serial number off the back.
This is a good idea. Brands like Cuisinart really stand behind there products. Even if it's outside the warranty period, they often replace them just to keep customers happy.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm in the market as well and overwhelmingly the Baratza Encore is the recommend grinder at a 'reasonable' price point.
my local roaster recommended it to me and I regret not doing it sooner having used the hario skerton hand grinder the last 5+ years.

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
my local roaster recommended it to me and I regret not doing it sooner having used the hario skerton hand grinder the last 5+ years.
Hario does make an awesome hand grinder though don't they? I have the mini mill and aside from using it all the time, it's packs up easy along with my Aeropress for when I travel.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Yeah they do, I have been doing the exact same thing and using it for an aeropress. For small batched 14-20 gram at a time it is fine, but when your better half is waking up to make you coffee in the morning everyday for five years you start to feel obligated to make her life a bit easier. If budget allows the encore is worth every penny in my book. Even when I use it on the weekends to make us both our morning brew it is so fast and painless. Not that using the a hand grinder is really a big deal but its like going from a regular phone to a smart phone, you dont really need it but once you have it you can never go back haha.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to hijack the thread here..
I have the same Cuisinart, but find it marginal for espresso at the finest setting. Any grinders available for a similar cost that will do a better job?