What's new

Need help choosing special occasion cigars

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi brothers
I'm looking for some help in choosing special occasion cigars

In this case it would be to celebrate various milestones of my first born who is coming up to 2 years old.

Unfortunately iam only new to this otherwise if I had the chance.. Two years ago I could of tried for a box of 'year of the horse'. By Davidoff.

Would love to hear of some recommendations.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hmmm...Illusione and Epernay (by Illusione) make some tasty premium sticks that would go beautifully for a special occasion.

If you really want to spend some money, though, you can't go wrong with a Padron Anniversary (I actually prefer the 1964 to the 1926, myself), or an Opus X.

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
davidoff is a good choice... also i am with draden on the anniversary padron i have found that god of fire series b maduro is awesome pick you up some of them to try out 2011

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
how long have you been smoking cigars, what do you like to smoke? I have celebrated many special occasions with premium cigars that are readily available, for me it's about the cigar adding to the celebration not being the celebration.
Completely agreed.
Been smoking a few months now so still finding my feet with what type of smokes I prefer.

Originally the plan was to buy a box and smoke those sticks over the coming years. So yes there will be some ageing

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I say go with Diamond crown Maximus. I think it's an often times overlooked smoke. That's the smoke I had when my daughter was born. However, it's hard to resist an opus X or a pardon anniversary.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I'd recommend something from Fuente, in particular Opus. An Opus will smoke well enough to get the job done now, but will really shine in 3-5 and has the legs to last 10+. Your average NC won't be good for even half that time, even from some top brands. Contrary to popular thinking, an aged cigar isn't necessarily a good cigar. Do not get anything from Padron Family Series, 64 Annys or 26 Annys as those are all meant to be smoked now and will most definitely suck in 2 years.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I think you can't go wrong with a Padron 1964 Anniversary Series in Natural .
It's not a coincidence that so many of us are recommending it...
Oops, missed the part about aging.
If then, maybe the Opus? (from what I've heard at least as I haven't tried the ones I have yet).

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks gents certainly has given me some options to look into.

I hate to ask, but what are the thoughts on some cohibas? Was initially thinking siglos before creating this thread

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
Cuban cohibas? Yes, definitely. If it helps I am currently deciding a good CC to get a box of that's a date code of when my 1 year old daughter was born and will smoke one every year on her birthday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
I think it's great to celebrate with cigars everyone knows as we age our memories age as well, when you smoke a cigar and pair it with a memory your that much more likely to remember it in great detail

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cohiba Esplendido. ...been buying a box a year for the last 20 years and smoke a few from each box that are at least 5 years old. You haven't lived until you've smoked a 20 year old....and a Cohiba Espy.

Last edited:

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
yeh mate they can be found and easy enough to buy.. the issue was more about deciding WHAT to buy .

cheers
Just wondering since the convo went NC heavy right away. I'd vote Cohiba all day, but I'm also a Cohiba die hard. I'd say any premium cc you like that's not in the super premium class (bhk etc)