What's new

Need Mech Eng. Opportunities in Central MD

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Have a contract job in Baltimore and need a permanent position closer to home in Gaithersburg. If anyone has a line on something in Montgomery western Howard county let me know. Thanks.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Is Arlington VA close enough? According to Google Maps, it's about 30 miles but I am not familiar enough with the area to know if that's an easy or difficult 30.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Is Arlington VA close enough? According to Google Maps, it's about 30 miles but I am not familiar enough with the area to know if that's an easy or difficult 30.
I really could not do that commute. It's horrendous. I'm sure jcolan can attest to that. That is why I'm trying to stick to central MD.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Been applying to a lot of stuff lately but only got an interview for 1 and didn't work out. Just trying to get things a little more stable before we end up having kids.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Just want to wish you luck. Ive lost count to how many ive applied fir at this point. Ive been actively seeking for six month and only had one interview over the phone. Hopefully mech. Eng. gives better opportunity than my pretty wild background and work history. I have gotten to the point that I think three letter fed agencies and the DOD are my only option to actually impress rather than intimidate as employers.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Finally got another interview. Only the second one I've had in the 18 months that I been looking while contracting. It's hard going for an engineer with a lot of experience just not a lot of actual engineering experience. Hopefully Friday's the day that i get my career back on track. It would be a killer gig too. Designing Amphib vehicles for the Marine Corp.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Good luck man. There's a lot of work here in Ohio. However, I contracted at Northrop for about 6 months a few years ago. Very neat projects, the kind you can't talk about... that work was great, but I don't miss the stress.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Didn't get the job with the Ampib vehicle group and had another interview a couple weeks later with the same contractor I interviewed with back in March but with a different group. Didn't get that one either. They decided to go with someone with an electrical vs my mechanical background. Don't know why they brought me in if they were looking for electrical. Got another interview today for a PM position with an HVAC company. Not really what I want to do but it's a permanent gig and way shorter commute. Fingers crossed. Want to finally be done job hunting. Feel like that's all I've been doing for the past 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Man what a weight off my shoulders. Verbally accepted an offer yesterday for the PM position with the HVAC company. Taking a pay cut but with the situation I'm in I really had no choice but to accept. Especially after finding out yesterday that it will be just short of impossible to get my current contract extended again. Excited to finally get some stability back especially with the baby almost here. Hopefully things end up turning out like my new manager was saying that I could double my salary in 5 years.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Man what a weight off my shoulders. Verbally accepted an offer yesterday for the PM position with the HVAC company. Taking a pay cut but with the situation I'm in I really had no choice but to accept. Especially after finding out yesterday that it will be just short of impossible to get my current contract extended again. Excited to finally get some stability back especially with the baby almost here. Hopefully things end up turning out like my new manager was saying that I could double my salary in 5 years.

Great news. Congrats.