What's new

Need some anger in your life?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Beautiful Moutains of Western North Carolina
[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4g36k_anti-tobacco-commercials_politics"]Dailymotion - Anti Tobacco Commercials - a News & Politics video@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4g36k@@AMEPARAM@@x4g36k[/ame]

The people who view these videos need a healthy dose of facts. Facts are so damn delicious *puff*. But i do like murder, he looks like a smoker too . >.<

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one can be too tough on the cigarette manufacturers, no data too lop-sidedly insightful, no complaint too forceful, as far as I am concerned. That industry has been intentionally profiting from deceit-coated addiction for far too long.

But to lump the artistic antiquity of cigar manufacture in with cigarettes, suggesting prohibition of the freedom to enjoy this physically non-addictive product is not only misinformation, but contrary to the promotion of legitimate business.

But I think many people separate pipes and cigars from cigarettes. I just wish advertisements such as these shown would include that distinction, as well. There is just not a large enough pipe and cigar lobby, obviously.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Its like anything else in life,,,,choices and the problem is that there is a lobby that is telling others what their choices ought to be. I fundamentally disagree with any lobby that tries to legislate what choices I make for myself and even if the choice is something that may or may not be a danger it is still my choice to engage in that activity. Tobacco is linked with cancers and other health issues, I get that. I also get that living in the city and breathing pollution is bad for me as well. I get that skydiving can be a danger and understand that hunting big game can also be a danger as well.

I can even compromise about where I smoke my cigar so as not to endanger others who may have health issues about smoke in the workplace or at restaurants and other venues where smoke may be bothersome. However, to ban smoking in places like bars, B&M's, outside in the park or at the beach is taking this enterprise anti smoking thing a bit far. It's not a compromise they seek but an all out ban and they will not rest until they get their way. How far off is a ban smoking in your home,,,not far because there are already restrictions for those who live in apartments, condos, duplex and certain communities.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one can be too tough on the cigarette manufacturers, no data too lop-sidedly insightful, no complaint too forceful, as far as I am concerned. That industry has been intentionally profiting from deceit-coated addiction for far too long.

But to lump the artistic antiquity of cigar manufacture in with cigarettes, suggesting prohibition of the freedom to enjoy this physically non-addictive product is not only misinformation, but contrary to the promotion of legitimate business.

But I think many people separate pipes and cigars from cigarettes. I just wish advertisements such as these shown would include that distinction, as well. There is just not a large enough pipe and cigar lobby, obviously.
Well, that's not entirely true. It may be less addictive depending on the amount used/nicotine content, but it most definitely is an addictive substance. It generally is not, however, as addictive as cigarettes/snuff/snus/whatever.

With that said, a lot of anti-smoking laws are upsetting. I can understand banning/limiting in a public place, but private business should be allowed to decide whether they want to cater to smokers or not. That's the biggest issue I have with anti-smoking/tobacco laws.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that's not entirely true. It may be less addictive depending on the amount used/nicotine content, but it most definitely is an addictive substance. .....
The drug nicotine is highly addictive, right up there with cocaine and heroin, according to those who study drug addiction. But in order for one to become physically addicted to cigars, one would have to inhale the smoke. I was not referring to those who inhale cigars; those most certainly tempting nicotine's addicting properties. I was referring to non-inhaling cigar smokers, to whom physical addiction to nicotine is no factor.

If physical addiction brought about by inhaling cigars is an issue forf anyone reading this post, I recommend ingesting no tobacco products and cease cigar smoking until a sufficient time has passed (about a year) before lighting up another cigar (make it a "victory over addiction" cigar) and then never inhaling again. You will enjoy your cigars to a greater extent in that manner anyway. Freedom of choice is much better than forced slavery.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Is this Russia? I didn't think so.

Someone needs to come up with something that straightens out the facts.

I would like to see a lawsuit against this clan of Bullshit Artists.

WTF, this really chaps my ass.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The drug nicotine is highly addictive, right up there with cocaine and heroin, according to those who study drug addiction. But in order for one to become physically addicted to cigars, one would have to inhale the smoke. I was not referring to those who inhale cigars; those most certainly tempting nicotine's addicting properties. I was referring to non-inhaling cigar smokers, to whom physical addiction to nicotine is no factor.

If physical addiction brought about by inhaling cigars is an issue forf anyone reading this post, I recommend ingesting no tobacco products and cease cigar smoking until a sufficient time has passed (about a year) before lighting up another cigar (make it a "victory over addiction" cigar) and then never inhaling again. You will enjoy your cigars to a greater extent in that manner anyway. Freedom of choice is much better than forced slavery.
Again, that's not really true. Nicotine can be (and is) absorbed when smoke is in the mouth. The extent to which it's absorbed is far lesser than that of inhaling, but it is present. If you could only absorb it through inhaling smoke, things like Nicorette wouldn't work.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, that's not really true. Nicotine can be (and is) absorbed when smoke is in the mouth. The extent to which it's absorbed is far lesser than that of inhaling, but it is present. If you could only absorb it through inhaling smoke, things like Nicorette wouldn't work.
I am not sure of your point, debo. Are you cross-examining my statements in order to support your supposition that anyone who draws nicotine-laden smoke into their mouth is/can be/might be/will be addicted to the drug? I have done so on a regular basis for a few years now and whenever I chose to not participate in cigar smoking, I experience none of the physical addiction hallmarks noted when trying to stop being a compulsive cigarette smoker, which I eventually successfully ceased being, over 19 years ago. I have every confidence that most anyone not drawing cigar smoke into their lungs will very likely never become physically addicted to nicotine while smoking an occasional cigar. This, even knowing that by smelling the length of a cigar while it is burning will result in trace amounts of the smoke's components actually travelling down the bronchial tubes and some even reaching the lungs. But not nearly in the quantity to cause physical addiction in the majority of smokers nor so much that there should be legislative guidelines limiting one's enjoyment of cigars, like I believe should be in place for cigarettes.

Or perhaps your rebuttals are just a way of saying, "What you write is not 100% accurate." OK. I have been wrong a lot in my life. Sometimes I even exceed the speed limit while driving. But I am not going to stop smoking cigars because you or the government says I will become addicted to them. I know that if I stopped smoking cigars this instant and never had another, that I would not suffer as I did when withdrawing from cigarettes. But I also know that my times on the porch with my thoughts and a great stogie would become just a bit more shallow. So, for that reason alone, I will continue to puff without concern for physical addiction.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^I'm just saying for the sake of clarity. When tobacco legislation and all that jazz is brought up, cigar smokers on the whole speak the 'we can't get addicted/we can't get lung cancer' line, and that's not truthful. I honestly fear that I may lose the right to smoke freely in my life, and I need to make sure I'm educated so that if I have the opportunity to defend my cause, I'm correct in my statements.

Cigar smokers do smoke, and we are at risk for all/most of the negatives associated with cigarette smokers. But, we're at far lesser risk, and it's about the comaraderie (which we're aware of I think). That stance (the 'It can happen, but here's why it's likely to not) is what needs to be pushed IMO, not the 'It's not going to affect me' stance that many cigar smokers take.

I don't want to sound like I'm attacking you personally - I'm not intending to. I'm intending to attack more of the mass opinion of a lot of cigar smokers because I do fear that that opinion may eventually lead to the banning of cigar smoking.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
...I'm intending to attack more of the mass opinion of a lot of cigar smokers because I do fear that that opinion may eventually lead to the banning of cigar smoking.
Attack someone's opinion and ye'll get nothing but people to dislike ye. If it's with that attitude, people realize and they won't change nor appreciate the way ye went around it at all either. And cigar smoking is being banned because people dislike the way it smells. They will find an excuse always.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attack someone's opinion and ye'll get nothing but people to dislike ye. If it's with that attitude, people realize and they won't change nor appreciate the way ye went around it at all either. And cigar smoking is being banned because people dislike the way it smells. They will find an excuse always.
lol...I like the way that was worded.

I agree with that...attacking wasn't really the word I was looking for, but my vocabulary/brain power was all but run out after typing up a massive paper.

It's still frustrating regardless. I understand that smoking does affect more than just the smoker, but a happy medium between smoking and non-smoking needs to be met. I'm of the belief that private establishments should be allowed to decided whether they want to allow or disallow smoking, and public property that is enclosed or designated for some mass use/entertainment should be disallowed.

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
I watched all the videos, and I have no problem saying it is mostly all true. Does it mean I will stop smoking cigars? NO! But I aware there might be health risks.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Mostly true? All true I think. When I worked for Big Tobacco I saw things that would made your blood run cold. The problem as people have pointed out is they lumps cigars in with cigarettes.