What's new

Never Forget!!!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Having personally lost so many friends to both the September 11th attack itself in 2001 and from resulting illnesses in the years following, I offer this...

Today is about offering a respectful moment of silence for the fallen victims of a senseless and cowardly act of violence that claimed nearly 3,000 souls.

A special prayer for the First Responders who despite near certain death still ran towards those in need and saved so many even at the cost of their own lives.
May the silence of our fallen roar and always be heard in our hearts...

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
My condolences for those you lost. While I'm fortunate enough to not know anybody who died that day, I have lost several friends & acquaintances in Iraq & and Afghanistan as a result. I like to remember them and all the other fallen soldiers from this war as well.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My condolences for those you lost. While I'm fortunate enough to not know anybody who died that day, I have lost several friends & acquaintances in Iraq & and Afghanistan as a result. I like to remember them and all the other fallen soldiers from this war as well.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and the brave men and women fighting to preserve our freedom both here and abroad...

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Brothers, (and sisters),

I feel this day should always be remembered. I beg that this post does not turn in to a political bashing thread, nor into a military bashing thread, but rather just a simple reminder of the day 11 years ago, and how many lost their lives. Please remember those who put their life on the line in order to help those out.

Never forget,

Always remember,

www.911memorial.org/

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
To all of those who have been touched by this horrible attack on 9/11.
My condolences go out to those we have loved and lost .
To all those men and woman fighting for our freedom.
To those who have given the ultimate sacrifice ....

God Bless You ALL, God bless America. We shall Never Forget !!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
bless the first responders, all the emergency response people, and those civilians who heeded the call.

bless the people who serve now to protect what we have and hold dear.

and ALWAYS remember that, without those sacrifices, we would have nothing. if you have the opportunity to help a friend, family member, or complete stranger, remember them.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
This is always a hard day for me. I didn't lose anyone on 9/11 but it broke something in me that I have never been able to fix. I think about the families of those lost everyday. I can't even imagine what they go through on days like today. Let's remember to make this a day where we don't ever take anything for granted.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
On this day we remember all those who gave the last full measure of their humanity. We will never know the untold stories of the bravery, compassion and heroism that occured at the towers, the pentagon or in the sky over western PA, but we shall never forget.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A very sad day for sure and I wish the same amount of attention was given to those men and women who fight every day of every week of every year in Iraq and Afghanistan...who give their lives willingly... willingly because they know the inherent risk. They aren't surprised in the same kind of attack on 9/11....these are people who march right into the very face of death every single day...not one day...every day. This country tends to deal with things in a different way when terrible things happen....why is it that when those brave men and women who die for us these days get one day or week of traditional mourning and that's it but those lives that were lost 11 years ago continually are mourned and given special attention each and every year...it's not about which life is more important but rather the sacrifice...it's totally out of balance here. Imagine if you will that those poor souls were to have known that a plane were to fly right into their building and would probably die as a result...how many would have willingly gone to work that day.....now think about those servicemen and women who don't get a choice....they face their destiny and don't get to make the choice of not going...they go. Tell me who deserves more attention...JMHO

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I didn't personally know anyone who died or was injured on 9/11 but this catastrophic event tore my heart apart (still does). I have and always will, remember all the victims, first responders and others who lost or sacrificed their lives. My heart also goes out to all the men and women in the armed forces defending the freedoms we all enjoy. To my cousin Will (Marines): I know today is an unbelievably hard day for you. I'm behind you 100%. God Bless everyone affected by 9/11.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
It wasn't only the U.S. who lost people that day...The world should never forget and help so that something like it never happens again. A sad, sad day indeed.