What's new

New 150 qt cooler from target

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow smokers-

I just recieved a Quick and Cool Igloo cooler from Target. It is a 150 quart size smile.gif
First of all one of the latches was broken during shipping.....but the seal seems quite loose to me, at least compared to my smaller cooler.
I figured that I would get it ready and see if it holds the humidity but from the feel of the lid closing, it seems that it will be quite drafty.

Does anyone have any experience using this cooler?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Give it a shot. It's not like they can tell if you used it or not. Target should have a good return policy.

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
Maybe its just me, But if I got something that was not in perfect shape, then return it for one that is. Specially from Target!!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Cigarbarr said:
90 days to return...just to clarify, I dont think the latches have any bearing on the seal.
Definitely wouldn't. Latches on coolers just keep the lid closed and don't help with the seal.

My cooler doesn't have the tightest seal but it holds RH like a rock. :glassesgr

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I use two 150 qt Igloo coolers from different eras. The older one is strictly for NCs, has a split lid, and required me adding my own latches to keep the lid(s) closed. The newer MaxCold 150 is for CCs only, and doesn't seem to have a real tight seal. Both hold the Rh dead steady, as do a 60 qt, 50 qt and 20 qt I have used in the past. I definitely would recommend any of the MaxColds for a coolidor ($89 for 150 qt. + s/h or pickup at Cabelas).

Unless you got a discount or refund for the broken latch, I'd get it replaced, but I wouldn't worry about the seal.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've got a 150 qt. Igloo. Due to heating with a woodstove my house is very dry and I had a hard time maintaining the RH in the cooler. I just bopped on down to Walmart and got some FrostKing self adhesive weather-strip to seal the lid with. No problems since.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
windowrx said:
I've got a 150 qt. Igloo. Due to heating with a woodstove my house is very dry and I had a hard time maintaining the RH in the cooler. I just bopped on down to Walmart and got some FrostKing self adhesive weather-strip to seal the lid with. No problems since.
Great idea!