What's new

New air wineador build, finally!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It's been a while since I had a wineador build in mind. Only thing that held me back until now was $. Here is my build, I know many of you guys have seen seceral like um but this one is special cause it's mine and it took me some time. Enjoy!

I got this bad boy on amazon for about $220

I didn't do much to it other than wipe it down with distilled vinegar and distilled water a few times and then let it sit with newspaper for 3 long weeks.

I then ordered a pair of cpu fans at $9 a piece and a 12v power adapter for $8 on amazon. When those arrived I connected the cpu wires to the power adapter and wala.

All while this was going on I was waiting on my 4 drawer 2 shelve order from forest at wineadors.com after a long 6 week wait they had finally arrived and wow was I pleased.

Great craftsmanship from Forrest. When I placed my order all I knew was that I wanted a dark veneer wood (don't know what type, I'm no expert I just paid the guy lol) and that's what he shipped me. I Couldn't be any happier. I picked these up for $240. He had a special and I snatched them up just in time.

I then went to The Home Depot and bought some drawer pulls for these amazing cabinets. I picked them up for $20. A little on the pricey side I thought but I had to have them.

When I got home I tried to plug and play but things went side ways. Here was the issue. The pills were to long and would hit the glass door when I went to shut it.

After the disappointment and while taking one of the pulls off it came apart. GOD spoke to me, he gave me the answer. The pulls were 3 pieced so I took them apart by removing the pieces where you screw the bolt to. After drilling bigger holes on the drawers and buying different sized bolts that totaled me $9 all went well, I just used the actual pull only, as you can tell it butts up to the drawer but it work well and looks great I think.

A week prior I ordered 2LBs of 65% heartfelt beads and 4 1/2LB mesh bags for a total of about $90.

I also order a western caliber IV hygrometer for $21. I really like this hygrometer it's pretty accurate and adjustable.

I still have several other things I plan on buying but for know here is the complete product.

It's pretty empty lol, but I will have it filled up some day. That's my goal anyway without the wife killing me.

The RH spiked to 80% during the seasoning/wipe down of the drawers but came back down to about 58%. So I sprayed my beads and added a couple of Tupperware with distilled water and my humidity is holding solid at 66%. I would like it to get to about 70% and then I'll remove the distilled water and let the beads do there job.

I wish I would have took more photos and gave a more detailed build but there are so many out there I doubt it matters. Anyhow, if you plan on a build your self or have any ?'s please feel free to ask and I'll try to assist as best as possible. I hope you guys enjoyed the post. I apologize for not posting any photos of cigars, I really don't have much lol. Thanks for stopping by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Very nice, my experience has been having to move humidity and temperature vertically in the unit. I keep a corner clear and use my two fans, one on the bottom shelf and one on a middle shelf to circulate the air up through the shelves. Good move on the handles

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Very nice, my experience has been having to move humidity and temperature vertically in the unit. I keep a corner clear and use my two fans, one on the bottom shelf and one on a middle shelf to circulate the air up through the shelves. Good move on the handles
Thanks. I only have 1 hygro but when I get the other two I hope all goes well with the circulation of temp & RH. The good thing about the slot fans is that there is a gap behind the shelves and nothing blocks the movement from what I see. That's the reason I went with the slots and not reg cpu fans.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So the air is being blown vertically because of the way the fan is built? Way cool, I'll have to keep those in mind. Looks like they save a lot of space

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well done! I have the same set up but the drawers. My fans still smell plastic but I don't care.

I bought it from http://www.air-n-water.com/thermoelectric-wine-cooler/newair-aw-281e-28-bottle-wine-fridge.htm about 2 months ago. I still keep tracking the website. For those who is interested, I would highly recommend the refurbished one like I bought. This was the price of it at that time.

Hope I didn't pack it too much.
WOW! who the hell needs cabinets lol. It seems you have to many boxes in their. I'll help you save space. Nice.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Looking good! Great idea with the pulls, they came out nice. And in my experience... it'll fill up fast, especially when you spend time around here! Lots of bad influences... lol

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Love the cpu fans. Still getting mine set up/still using wire shelves. In looking at the wood shelves and drawers, air flow and circulation was something I wondered about. Your set up looks very nice.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Love the cpu fans. Still getting mine set up/still using wire shelves. In looking at the wood shelves and drawers, air flow and circulation was something I wondered about. Your set up looks very nice.
Thanks. I got the drawers with air slots everywhere back and sides it's extra but worth it I think. Maybe something you should consider.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
It's been a while since I had a wineador build in mind. Only thing that held me back until now was $. Here is my build, I know many of you guys have seen seceral like um but this one is special cause it's mine and it took me some time. Enjoy!

I got this bad boy on amazon for about $220

I didn't do much to it other than wipe it down with distilled vinegar and distilled water a few times and then let it sit with newspaper for 3 long weeks.

I then ordered a pair of cpu fans at $9 a piece and a 12v power adapter for $8 on amazon. When those arrived I connected the cpu wires to the power adapter and wala.

All while this was going on I was waiting on my 4 drawer 2 shelve order from forest at wineadors.com after a long 6 week wait they had finally arrived and wow was I pleased.

Great craftsmanship from Forrest. When I placed my order all I knew was that I wanted a dark veneer wood (don't know what type, I'm no expert I just paid the guy lol) and that's what he shipped me. I Couldn't be any happier. I picked these up for $240. He had a special and I snatched them up just in time.

I then went to The Home Depot and bought some drawer pulls for these amazing cabinets. I picked them up for $20. A little on the pricey side I thought but I had to have them.

When I got home I tried to plug and play but things went side ways. Here was the issue. The pills were to long and would hit the glass door when I went to shut it.

After the disappointment and while taking one of the pulls off it came apart. GOD spoke to me, he gave me the answer. The pulls were 3 pieced so I took them apart by removing the pieces where you screw the bolt to. After drilling bigger holes on the drawers and buying different sized bolts that totaled me $9 all went well, I just used the actual pull only, as you can tell it butts up to the drawer but it work well and looks great I think.

A week prior I ordered 2LBs of 65% heartfelt beads and 4 1/2LB mesh bags for a total of about $90.

I also order a western caliber IV hygrometer for $21. I really like this hygrometer it's pretty accurate and adjustable.

I still have several other things I plan on buying but for know here is the complete product.

It's pretty empty lol, but I will have it filled up some day. That's my goal anyway without the wife killing me.

The RH spiked to 80% during the seasoning/wipe down of the drawers but came back down to about 58%. So I sprayed my beads and added a couple of Tupperware with distilled water and my humidity is holding solid at 66%. I would like it to get to about 70% and then I'll remove the distilled water and let the beads do there job.

I wish I would have took more photos and gave a more detailed build but there are so many out there I doubt it matters. Anyhow, if you plan on a build your self or have any ?'s please feel free to ask and I'll try to assist as best as possible. I hope you guys enjoyed the post. I apologize for not posting any photos of cigars, I really don't have much lol. Thanks for stopping by.

Great job. The fan installs look very clean. Good save on the handles. The advice I would give to anyone reading your write up for ideas is that you should never wipe your wood with water. It encourages mold and can cause warping. They should suck up any moisture the same way your cigars do. Also forest keeps all his wood at 65% before during and after he builds the draws. So they were probably ready to go when they arrived. Good work sir.