What's new

new cell phones

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
I'm in the market for a new cellular phone. I could do without the camera feature, but apparently that the high end ones all come with it standard. I'm mostly interested in a color screen and speakerphone. my provider is t-mobile.

that being said, I've narrowed it down to these two models:

motorola v300
motorola v600

I'm currently not tied into a contract, for I've been a customer with them for 3 years and my original one year agreement is long expired. so I guess I could switch over anytime without having to pay an early termination fee, if I understand it correctly. however, I'm pretty happy and I'm not looking to jump ship.

unfortunately, to take advantage of discounts on new phones I would have to sign a 1 or 2-year agreement to get the mail-in rebate. I want to avoid this at all costs. I know all about them losing money on the equipment, but get comissions. like I said, I'm not looking to change providers anytime soon, so I'd be a low risk.

so I'm throwing this out there to see if someone can give me the BOTL discount or know someone who can offer me a no-strings attached deal

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Sorry man, I just got the new Razer V3 from motorola and just bought it out right. I have T-mobile too and it's not a Tmobile phone. But it was worth the cake. It's so damned thin and small that I just put it in my pocket and forget about it.

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
It works on TMobile it's just not a TMobile phone. I put my little card in it and it self recogizes. Works like a charm. I have the bluetooth wireless ear piece to go along with it. Love it!!!

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
so I actually prized one from cingular. that's a lot of scratch to lay out for one. maybe I'll wait a year or two until it goes down in price.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Pulse said:
It works on TMobile it's just not a TMobile phone. I put my little card in it and it self recogizes. Works like a charm. I have the bluetooth wireless ear piece to go along with it. Love it!!!
Hey what does that system cost with the blue tooth technology. I'd love something like that specially while driving!! :)

ehdg

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
so I actually prized one from cingular. that's a lot of scratch to lay out for one. maybe I'll wait a year or two until it goes down in price.
Yeah, it's a lot of cake I know. But it was an Xmas gift to me from the girlie and it was my big gift this year so I can't give her too much crap for spending the dough...hehehe. Wait a while and I'm sure it'll come down.

ehdg said:
Hey what does that system cost with the blue tooth technology. I'd love something like that specially while driving!! :)

ehdg
The headset was $99 and worth every penny in my opinion. I hear that there is a cool one from Plantronics too coming out but I love mine. Easy as pie to use and works clear and loud.

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Too big, after havin' this thing for a month now i'm totally stuck on it. I'll have a hard time goin' back to anything larger or bulkier for a phone next time.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok fellows.. enough of thread jacking.. get back to the original question that has not been answered...

I don't think you'll have much luck with getting new hardware without giving a committment in exchange.. it is the airtime that pays for the hardware and with no guarrantee that you are going to spend the airtime with them.. they probably won't wanna front on the hardware... but if you plan to stick with them anyway.. what is the big deal about a minimum committment??

bigPDAgeek

Lurker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I signed a 2 year with AT&T. I swore I would never sign a 2 year contract, but they have the best coverage for me and I got a really good plan.

If "T-Maybe" works for you, and you're not planning on switching to another provider within the next year, I so go ahead and sign a 1 year and get the discounted equipment. It's just too expensive to buy a new phone outright, IMO.