What's new

~NEW~ El Triunfador @ NHC

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Get a preview of the international release at NHC with a simple $15 purchase, just don't forget to add it to the cart!

NHC

Get it while it lasts... it also looks like it will be a regular production cigar in 2010.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
BW generously rerouted an El Tri that didn't make the cut (i.e. not the version above) and I enjoyed it. I'm not sure the exact reasons, but if this is supposed to better or more refined, well... people will love it.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Any official word on what will become of the CURRENT El Triunfador (the lancero)? Is he going to relabel it as a Cabaiguan Maduro Lancero, or will it be discontinued :help:

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Any official word on what will become of the CURRENT El Triunfador (the lancero)? Is he going to relabel it as a Cabaiguan Maduro Lancero, or will it be discontinued :help:
Also an interesting thought... hmmm.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Yeah, it would be a shame to discontinue that blend!

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Keep in mind that the new Triunfadors are going to be offered up in multiple vitolas, none of which looks to be a lancero, so as far as the new blend pushing out the current stick, that seems (at least in terms of a size by size comparison) to not be the case. I could, however, be wrong. . . .

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Keep in mind that the new Triunfadors are going to be offered up in multiple vitolas, none of which looks to be a lancero, so as far as the new blend pushing out the current stick, that seems (at least in terms of a size by size comparison) to not be the case. I could, however, be wrong. . . .
According to the page on NHC, he probably WILL be releasing a lancero of the new blend. But in either case, he can't keep the current El T and have a new line by the same name, that would cause way too much confusion.

So is the current El T over, or will it be rebanded?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
According to the page on NHC, he probably WILL be releasing a lancero of the new blend. But in either case, he can't keep the current El T and have a new line by the same name, that would cause way too much confusion.

So is the current El T over, or will it be rebanded?
Could be, or he could go ahead and do a Cabaiguan-Cabaiguan Guapos type thing. Of course I'm just speculating. . . .

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be piiiissed if the old El Triunfador is dropped from his lines. It'd be nice to see it relabeled and continue to run.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I smoked a lanceroish one of the new blend for a preview in Oct. (while Pete watched! LOL!)...

It is a good stick, but it was fairly mild (I would say Medium Minus)...it had quite a bit of flavor, but almost no kick...He said this blend was made to be an "Everyday" kind of cigar, one that you could smoke every day, at any time of day, and never get bored...

Full review soon :)

~brooks

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
Ordered mine yesterday along with a fiver of the Viaje holiday Blends. I've never had any of the Cabaiguans so I grabbed a guapo single as well. Looking forward to their arrival :)

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Should be an interesting stick"line"....... but more mild?? I thought the "L" was a pretty laid back stick full of flavor.