What's new

New fathers

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Hey brothers.

I am sitting here drinking a whiskey with our second child laying in my arms. I know this makes me sound like the least likely candidate for father of the year, but I have found you take time for yourself when you can with kids.

I am making this thread as a place for new fathers to seek advice from other men that have been there and learned the hard way.

I feel this is a great place to do this because I know many people that were introduced to their first cigars because of the birth of a child.

Let the questions begin

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
My "babies" are 30 and 22 now so as a grizzled veteran I would be very happy to offer some "fatherly" advice to anyone that needs it.

Please feel free to post here or send me a PM if you would rather keep your situation on the DL.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have 5 kids from age 2 to 19 in college. I have all sorts of good experience to share. Nothing wrong with spending time with your child as you relax. Wouldn't smoke a cigar with a baby in my lap but sipping on a good beverage is different. Enjoy!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
My Alyss will be 3 in May and Jane was born 3 months ago. This is a great idea. Also, you gotta have a drink while holding your kids. Get a photo too. Make sure they see it. When the ask about it tell them that it was your first drink in years and see what they did to you.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Jaxson is 2 and our 2nd is due in May (not sure how we are going to manage 2) and I take any possible moment I can to enjoy a drink or stick on my nights off while the little ones sleeping. Congrats on the baby skully and sound me in as subscribed.

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Awesome idea for a thread. My son is 8 and my daughter will be 1 in March. Being a military family comes with it's own unique set of challenges for children and families. I would be more than happy to offer any advice if necessary.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Love this idea! I'm a first time father to a 7 month old (who has decided to stop sleeping through the night to wake up at 3am every night) and I'm sure I will be asking advice!

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Love this idea! I'm a first time father to a 7 month old (who has decided to stop sleeping through the night to wake up at 3am every night) and I'm sure I will be asking advice!
Put some cereal in that bottle. That will help them sleep through the night.

Mine is 6 now. Has the attitude of a 16 year old.
Some days I want to strangle him, but being a dad is the most rewarding thing ever.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Put some cereal in that bottle. That will help them sleep through the night.

Mine is 6 now. Has the attitude of a 16 year old.
Some days I want to strangle him, but being a dad is the most rewarding thing ever.
We've tried! Haha. Thanks! We think at this point it's more about he's in the habit, so we need to try to get him back to bed without too much interactions if that makes sense. He used to sleep for like 8 hours. Now down to about 6. It could be a lot worse! Ha

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
We've tried! Haha. Thanks! We think at this point it's more about he's in the habit, so we need to try to get him back to bed without too much interactions if that makes sense. He used to sleep for like 8 hours. Now down to about 6. It could be a lot worse! Ha
My 7 years old still gets up sometimes in the middle of the night. And so does my 2 year old. Once you have kids I think you just resign yourself to much less sleep. Even if the kids go to bed and stay in bed I stay up later because that's my chance for time to watch what I want or smoke a stick or just chill with the wife.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
My 7 years old still gets up sometimes in the middle of the night. And so does my 2 year old. Once you have kids I think you just resign yourself to much less sleep. Even if the kids go to bed and stay in bed I stay up later because that's my chance for time to watch what I want or smoke a stick or just chill with the wife.
That's what I do. I have to be up for work at 0230 and usually go to be a little after the kids. I get a lot less sleep than i used to, but I'll make up for it when I die right?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Subscribed as well. My daughter is almost six months old.

My daughter does the same thing - some nights she will sleep from 8PM to 5AM, other nights she will wake up around 3:30. If I go an put the pacifier back in her mouth, she falls righ back to sleep (and spits out the pacifier). We started rice cereal and oatmeal about two weeks ago; once in the AM and once in the PM. Definitely messy but I think it has made a difference in how long she sleeps at night.

And as for having a drink while holding your child, I see nothing wrong with that lol. In fact, my daughter loves to put her mouth/gums on cold beer bottles.