What's new

New Gig, QA Tech at Brewery

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Some of you may know I've been working with a local brewery since January. I've developed some procedures and practices for yeast handling and contamination testing over the last 9 months. The relationship started as an unpaid internship in the spring. Then it developed into me writing a laboratory practices manual during my summer semester.

Fast forward to this week. I went in to ask about using them as a reference for a job application to a beer distributor. They said before I hand in the application if I'd like to grab a key and work there doing my yeast work. So of course I said yes. It would have been silly to turn it down. Plus when I have time they want to train me on their 30bbl brewhouse. Boooyah!

So now I can work between classes when I have spare time and after class if I need to. I'm only doing 10-15hrs a week since I have a 18credit semester with 15 being lab related credits.

I regretfully notified the B&M I work at that I will be leaving. It was a good job and I have SOME great customers. Some customers are such a pain in the ass I won't miss them at all.