What's new

New Guy from Minnesota

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently joined BOTL. I live in the Twin Cities (NW suburb of Minneapolis). I've smoked occasionally but have renewed interest and have decided to become more serious about cigars. Plus, I just like to learn and cigars seem like a good thing to learn more about. I'm at a point now that I need to consider purchasing a good humidor. I'm at the point where the temporary storage I have cobbled together isn't working too well. I have been looking for cheap but effective and I'm learning it is difficult to find something cheap and have it effective in the long term.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Cheap and super effective is a normal everyday cooler. Just put some boxes in there, or Spanish cedar trays if you have, and some humidification beads. Literally one of the best humidor you can buy. Also, hello from another new guy to this site.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Welcome to BOTL from down in Winona @WatchmanUSA :)

Tupperware (particularly the type with a gasket) or coolers are your best solution for storage if you don't want to spend a lot of money and don't need anything fancy. I have been keeping most of my stash in 3 x 50 Quart igloo marine coolers for the last few years now it has been a great storage solution.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome and insight. I had kind of written off a tub and cooler based humidor as a second or third rate humidor. Just an impression. It just seemed like jury-rigged humidor that cut corners and not something someone might use for long term storage and aging cigars. I stand corrected guys. I would like to learn more.

I have been looking for a used or scratch and dent humidor having a solid internal cedar box. I did find a refurbished small NewAir (wineador) for $170. I looked at Ammodor for a kit, I have a WWII 50BMG ammo can that my Dad had. The kit would cost $55 to $100 with a tray with delivery.

konmtu

CRA #100012823
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Welcome from Metro Detroit.
I have two desktops and six tupperdors. The desktops take more maintenance and care. The tupperdors all have a few Bovedas and take almost no maintenance.