What's new

New homemade flakes for my pipe

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you just tell us what’s going on rather than just directing traffic to your page?
I´m pressing tobacco into flakes.. thats is "going on". I did not know there was any problems to ad links for more details (seen it here before), but nevermind...

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
No, the whole leaf as it is with a little moist (water and a tiny bit of honey)
Interesting. I have a pipe press that I use (rarely) but I always use ribbon cut tobacco that is pressed into cake/flake. Never thought about using an entire, uncut leaf.

Interested to see how this turns out.

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Interesting. I have a pipe press that I use (rarely) but I always use ribbon cut tobacco that is pressed into cake/flake. Never thought about using an entire, uncut leaf.

Interested to see how this turns out.
Got pics? Been wanting build one just to mess around with the blends.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Got pics? Been wanting build one just to mess around with the blends.
I'll see if I can dig some up somewhere. A local buddy fabricated one for me out of stainless steel (i think) with a removable bottom cap and a top that pushed against it. It was pretty cool! I say "was" because I ended up giving it to a friend of mine who is far more into Pipes than I am.

I used it to mix different blends together (example: 1Q + GLP Odyssey) to see what would happen. Occasionally, I found one that I liked. Other times, it was horrific. hahaha

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I'll see if I can dig some up somewhere. A local buddy fabricated one for me out of stainless steel (i think) with a removable bottom cap and a top that pushed against it. It was pretty cool! I say "was" because I ended up giving it to a friend of mine who is far more into Pipes than I am.

I used it to mix different blends together (example: 1Q + GLP Odyssey) to see what would happen. Occasionally, I found one that I liked. Other times, it was horrific. hahaha
That was kinda my plan for one...just wanted to see how it was set up.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes, that was the name on the seeds :) . Nicotiana tabacum
Fascinating. I'd never heard of that particular plant.

Your cakes/flakes look utterly delicious. Do you happen to have any more info, pics, etc on how you built the press, what the dimensions are and what sort of casing you used on the leaf before it went into the press? Also how moist is it in the press and how do you make sure you don't get mold? I'd love to learn how to press cakes that look as good as these.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fascinating. I'd never heard of that particular plant.

Your cakes/flakes look utterly delicious. Do you happen to have any more info, pics, etc on how you built the press, what the dimensions are and what sort of casing you used on the leaf before it went into the press? Also how moist is it in the press and how do you make sure you don't get mold? I'd love to learn how to press cakes that look as good as these.
I got that name from the Swedish company who sold these seeds, but it seems to be a Virginia. :)
About the press: Made with 19 mm MDF board, 260 × 70mm, Deep 190mm. The sides are screwed and glued, the bottom are just screwed. The casing was just a short spray between the layers, with water mixed with honey (1tea spoon/1litre water)