What's new

New humidor

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a smoking table at a habitat for humanity, I think it is from the 20’s or around there…I got some glass jars at TJMaxx and got it set up for my home smokes. My dad bombed me and now I’m regretting not getting a third jar!!!

Attachments

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Nice!

I have a similar one that was passed down through my family from my great grandfather. I remember it being used by my grandmother as a phone stand, back when there were old school landline dial telephones in everyone's house. I tried to use mine as an actual humidor at one point but it was far too "drafty" to hold humidity very well.

Using those glass jars is a great idea and the smoking table makes an awesome conversation piece! Hopefully there will still be some jars available the next time you stop at TJMaxx.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!

I have a similar one that was passed down through my family from my great grandfather. I remember it being used by my grandmother as a phone stand, back when there were old school landline dial telephones in everyone's house. I tried to use mine as an actual humidor at one point but it was far too "drafty" to hold humidity very well.

Using those glass jars is a great idea and the smoking table makes an awesome conversation piece! Hopefully there will still be some jars available the next time you stop at TJMaxx.
I figured it wouldn’t hold humidity but it’s a nice dark space to keep my sticks! How cool that yours is a heirloom, that makes it all the more special!

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I always see these local and eBay at resale shops and wonder if they were fixtures in everybody's house back in the day. Cool looking piece.