What's new

New job, New humidor.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So i put in my two weeks notice for my old job and signed all the paper work for my new job, and to celebrate i want to buy a wineador. I had earlier in the year intended to make my own humidor, but lost access to a garage.(no worries there, with my new job I'll make enough that in a few years I'll be able to buy my own garage... with a bonus house attached even!)

Anyway seems information on larger variants is sparse at best. What are the options for good thermo electric ones in the 1000+ cigar range? Anyone have experiences with wineadors in this size range? Current humidor works well and all but it's very full.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a NewAir CC-300 that i just picked up. Very nice quality. Idk if they make one that big but if they did i would say you cant go wrong.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a box that can be converted to a humidor, NewAir makes the 281, 28-Bottle Thermoelectric wine cooler. They make one other Thermo unit with double doors but it has a divider down the middle of the shelves. It only allows for 2-bottles on each side of the divider. From there, all the others NewAir models are compressor units, otherwise known as refrigerators. They come with a bunch of problems to overcome I have heard other discuss. I'm sure there are ways to make them work if go that route. Most people I know who use Thermoelectric units just buy more units as they need them.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Anything bigger than a 28 is gonna be dual zone. Vinotemp makes a 48 bottle thermoelectric, but the price starts to get stupid, around $800. At that point I would start looking at cabinets.