What's new

New John Coltrane recording

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case there are any jazz fans out there, the new Coltrane album “Both directions at once” has just been released and it great. He recorded in the early 60s but it was never released. I just finished listening to it and it’s great. I think it’s Coltrane and his band at their best

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s great! I’m really happy to hear it. I agree with you about jazz and cigars going together. Putting on a jazz album while smoking a cigar is one of the greatest pleasures I know

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree! He is the drummer I study the most and his playing is what developed my passion for playing. Elvin joining Coltrane’s band is the greatest thing that happened in jazz. Not only was he one of the greatest drummers but he understood what Coltrane was doing and where he wanted to go. I love it!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case there are any jazz fans out there, the new Coltrane album “Both directions at once” has just been released and it great. He recorded in the early 60s but it was never released. I just finished listening to it and it’s great. I think it’s Coltrane and his band at their best
Newbie here. I've been a jazz pianist for many years. 'Trane's original quartet is my favorite group. I've been listening to Both Directions for a few months now, love it. I just picked up a just released "Miles and Trane" CD. Very good music.