What's new

New Member from Toronto, Canada

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I'm a new member here from the great white.....north.

I've been smoking since 2011. started with Cubans. I walked into a tobacconist with a friend, just out of curiosity. Until that point I had only smoked gas station cigars, and only maybe 2, because the experience was atrocious. At this tobacconist, my friend picked out some cigars based on the shop keeper's suggestions. Not wanting to look like I was cheap I purchased a Partagas Petit Corona Especial.

I didn't think my experience would differ much from the harsh, acrid smoke from the gas station. I asked the shop keep to cut it and light it for me. I took a couple of steps outside (because we suck and can't smoke inside....anywhere), and as I was walking I took a long draw. I froze. My friend continued walking without noticing I had stopped. When he did, he turned around and asked if everything was o.k.

I told him to go back inside the store and get me 3 more of these cigars. I think the next week I had a humidor,,,, but the rest wasn't history.

I was smoking these Cubans, but I wasn't tasting much except for the smooooooth luscious tobacco. It was when I lit up a Rocky Patel 1990 that I was really introduced to the world of flavour. I haven't stopped smoking since.

Apologies for the long, incoherent story. Just my way of saying hi. I joined this community to be amongst a group of true cigar enthusiasts.

I look forward to being in this community, and getting to know you fine folks.

Regards