What's new

New Member - Southern Ohio

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just joined BOTL after reading a few threads concerning pipe smoking. I'm primarily a pipe smoker now but started out as a cigar smoker some 17 years ago. I still enjoy an occasional cigar though so many things have changed over the past few years since I began smoking pipes.
A lack of a high quality and reliable B&M location has been a significant reason for transitioning to pipes. I prefer to hand select my own sticks and miss the experience of walking into a well-stocked humidor. It's much easier to buy and cellar my preferred blends and brands of pipe tobacco.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome from PA i also smoke a pipe. Fortunate to have it all around here. Pipe shops and cigars. Its all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a personal note, I'm currently a stay-at-home dad until my youngest starts kindergarten in month. I'll be jumping back into the employment pool after the first of the year and work on finishing up my Masters in Social Work. My most recent job (Applied Behavioral Analysis therapist) ended two years ago when we relocated from Texas to Ohio for my wife's job.
I'm also an Army vet and former Border Patrol agent.
My other hobbies include making collage and assemblage art pieces, woodworking, kayaking, tent and trailer camping, hiking and foraging, exploring the world of wine and spirits, and reading non-fiction.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are about 12 miles up river from Huntington. Barboursville Mall is pretty much across the river from us.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found one in Lexington, KY but that's 2.5 hours away. We found it yesterday. I have humidor so a trip now and then won't be bad. There is a restaurant (Chuy's) we like to go to for some amazing Hatch chile Mexican food. So my wife can get her food fix and I can get both my food and cigar fix

Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Almost Havana at the trays valley is there a good b&m that you can smoke in. I travel for work and smoke there a lot when in town Also there is a member here that lives close to you but I can remember his tag hahaha

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I had heard there was a place "near" me but wasn't sure. I went last week to Hurricane because I was told it was at that exit (nope). I didn't know the name of it. I'll need to check it out. That's a lot closer than Lexington!
Do they also sell pipes and pipe tobacco?

Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Thanks. I had heard there was a place "near" me but wasn't sure. I went last week to Hurricane because I was told it was at that exit (nope). I didn't know the name of it. I'll need to check it out. That's a lot closer than Lexington!
Do they also sell pipes and pipe tobacco?
Yes, the front of the store has a small selection of pipes and tobacco both tin and bulk. They also sell lockers to rent although I don't know the price.