What's new

New Phishing Call?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Call from local number "This is Amazon Calling You have charged $1243.00 to your credit card on file. If you did not make a recent purchase please press 1"

Ok, what would have happened and what information would I have given up if I had pressed 1? Easy enough to check the Amazon account and look for my Credit Card alert so curious what they where trying to get? Would their first question be "please provide your credit card number so we can check the transaction?"

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Call from local number "This is Amazon Calling You have charged $1243.00 to your credit card on file. If you did not make a recent purchase please press 1"

Ok, what would have happened and what information would I have given up if I had pressed 1? Easy enough to check the Amazon account and look for my Credit Card alert so curious what they where trying to get? Would their first question be "please provide your credit card number so we can check the transaction?"

I would have had fun f'in with them but that's just me. The only thing given is time and a little effort :smuggrin:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This crap is just a pain in the ass, had to check with my wife to make sure she isn't doing something in her Amazon account.

Had an older Uncle get scammed out of my Aunt's savings buying everything from stock options to Man on Mars trading cards

Other older members of the family get the call Maw Maw, this is .........(how they know the correct name is beyond me) I'm in a bit of a bind in .........(fill in the state or city) can you send me $$$ so I can afford to come home and please hurry. I'm broke down in a bad part of town.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

I think they’re trying to find out if your number is “live” and once they confirm it, can / will sell or use it for more nefarious phishing expeditions.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This crap is just a pain in the ass, had to check with my wife to make sure she isn't doing something in her Amazon account.

Had an older Uncle get scammed out of my Aunt's savings buying everything from stock options to Man on Mars trading cards

Other older members of the family get the call Maw Maw, this is .........(how they know the correct name is beyond me) I'm in a bit of a bind in .........(fill in the state or city) can you send me $$$ so I can afford to come home and please hurry. I'm broke down in a bad part of town.
Run a name and city search on the Internet. There are sites that will provide the name, phone number, address, and possible relatives.