What's new

New to the site and wanting to learn the craft

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

Just joined the site as a recommendation from a friend. Amateur weekend puffer here and just wanting to learn more about cigars. Need a good select 5-6 mild smoke cigars that I can stock up on. Any recommendation?

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Hey All,

Just joined the site as a recommendation from a friend. Amateur weekend puffer here and just wanting to learn more about cigars. Need a good select 5-6 mild smoke cigars that I can stock up on. Any recommendation?
Welcome bro, check out the today’s smoke thread and see what people are enjoying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can find it try the Room 101 The T Connecticut, great mild cigar! Try other Connecticut wrapped cigars and you will find one you like.

Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Welcome from SE Louisiana. I wouldn't "stock up on" anything you haven't smoked. Be even better to buy some 5 packs and smoke them over a couple of months. If you want to start with singles there are numerous mild to medium strength samplers available on line. We can recommend what we like but no telling if you'd agree. My advice would be to find a couple of online retailers, do a search for samplers by strength and then search for reviews of the cigars in the sampler.

Unless you are purchasing Cubans, in my opinion, most mild cigars have an age limit. Cigars change with age, mild cigars may become so mild as to be almost tasteless.

I have a box of Oliva Connecticut in my humidor for when I need an early morning cigar but I don't enjoy them as much today as I did 18 months ago. They lost some of their "crispness?"

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Welcome from STL - I'm guessing your name is Jason and you're from KC, right? Hit up Outlaw Cigar, you should be able to find Charter Oak and I think they have some Warped there, and they can probably give you some other recommendations as well

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome! I'd recommend Arturo Fuente as a good jumping off point for cigars that can be easy, but also be great. I know they have more mild cigars, but I always go for the medium to full range. But there are a lot of quality variations within that brand. Talk to the guy at your local retailer for more specific advice. It's a good idea to buy singles for a few months. When you smoke one you love, buy a few. You may find, as many of us have, that your tastes can change rapidly. And the condition of the cigar when you smoke it, the environment, what you ate, your mood, etc all has a big effect on the cigar. What you loved one day you may not love another day. There's a learning curve to this and it's good to let the money go out as slowly as possible at first lol. Good luck!

Sine-Qua-Non

Sine-Something-Or-Other
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to the hobby! As an alternative to 5-packs, which can still leave you with extras of cigars you might end up not enjoying, another option are quality samplers. Small Batch Cigar makes a ton of high quality samplers based on brands, wrappers, countries of origin, strength, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you smoke? Or plan on smoking? I ask because if you plan on smoking in some local shops I would focus on giving them most of your business. If you plan on smoking mainly at home or somewhere else then a lot of online shopping is OK.

Not everybody agrees, but I try to support my local shops as much as possible. They support the customer by being there so I support back.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

Welcome from Caifornia, like Boudie was saying some fellas like blondes others brunettes, it's all about sampling until you find out what you like.Then you can start rolling your own.