What's new

New Vicksburg Arrived Today!

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
My new Vicksburg humi arrived today from BH. The picture on the website doesn't do justice to the real size of this sucker. It's BIG!!! Plenty of room for my new purchases and all the lottery smokes. I can't wait to get this thing seasoned.

Should I do anything different to season a humi of this size? Thanks!

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Congrats bro!

DON'T rub the sides down with water!

Place a bowl of distilled water in the humidor and let it sit for 3-5 days. Wiping it with water could warp the inside.

What are you using for humidification?

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
N2Advnture said:
Congrats bro!

Place a bowl of distilled water in the humidor and let it sit for 3-5 days. Wiping it with water could warp the inside.

good advice.

Congrats on the humi.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Awesome! I have a Vicksburg as well.

Just put a bowl of distilled water in there until the RH gets to about 70%, this took about six days in my wife's closet.

Order a half pound of 65% beads now and when they arrive place them in there with the bowl (after the RH gets to about 70%). then the next day take the bowl out and wait for the RH to settle to 65%. This is how I seasoned mine and it worked great.

I never really planned on storing boxes in there so I bought three of their cedar trays and they fit perfectly. Link.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
very nice... it is nice to know that we all contributed to your increased spending.... Now have fun filling the damn thing up.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
N2Advnture said:
Congrats bro!

I'll be using beads!

Yes I've read that wiping down the wood can cause problems so I won't do that. I've used shot glasses on my smaller humi's so a bowl makes sense for this baby! Thanks

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Thanks Todd for the detailed instructions. You are the Vicksburg pro! Yeah I should have ordered the trays with the humi, I forgot about our PM conversation from a few weeks ago. I don't plan on boxes in there either.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
jcgoldner said:
I don't plan on boxes in there either.
Sure you say that now...but in a couple months :assaultri :smokingme

Congrats on the humi JC :thumbsup:

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
tobby4 said:
very nice... it is nice to know that we all contributed to your increased spending.... Now have fun filling the damn thing up.
Tell me about it Clay! When I joined here in August I had one small humi. The Vicksburg is now the fourth one I've bought!!! It will replace my CC humi and I'll pass on the old one to a co-worker in need. Shit, it's only money, right!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Keep us updated on how it goes I've been looking at that Humi. it would be my 3rd. I'm passing my first to a buddy that has no $ for a humi or cigars so been passing a few his way.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I'll leave out the advice as you have gotten all you need and just say congrats on the new humi!

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
jcgoldner said:
Tell me about it Clay! When I joined here in August I had one small humi. The Vicksburg is now the fourth one I've bought!!! It will replace my CC humi and I'll pass on the old one to a co-worker in need. Shit, it's only money, right!
The Vicksburg is great! When I got it out of the box the humi was at 60% humidity. I put the bowl of distilled water in and after one day it was up to 70%, I put the beads in on the second day and the cigars in on the third and it's been holding like a champ at 64-66% since. This sucker is a steal at the current price of $115. I'm waiting on the 3 cedar trays I ordered for the bottom to finish it off like the Waschsburg!

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I'll do some pics after I get the trays. It's just too messy in the bottom of the humi right now. I need to do it right before pictures are taken.